Forced cabin move because floor is blocked off

neverlaysup

11 hours ago, neverlaysup said:

Just got a call from the Celebrity executive office based on the email question I asked them. The answer is this- Retreat guests will not be moved. Even though the doors are closed, suite guests will still have access to their cabins on deck 6.

Crisis averted!

You thought this required an email to the executive office in addition to CC and feel better being on a quarantined deck?😐

Edited by crusinthrough

13 hours ago, neverlaysup said:

Just got a call from the Celebrity executive office based on the email question I asked them. The answer is this- Retreat guests will not be moved. Even though the doors are closed, suite guests will still have access to their cabins on deck 6.

Crisis averted!

I can't see how this is more positive than moving cabins. You're essentially staying on a floor with "doors closed" whatever that means. If staff is moved to this floor what are the chances of there being more exposed to possible cases?

This happened to us on our Dec. 24th Silhouette cruise. No notification in advance from Celebrity. I found out when going on the Celebrity app two days before the cruise that we were assigned to a new cabin in a less desirable location. Our Travel agent wasn't able to get us moved before the cruise started. When we boarded, we spent an hour at Guest Relations getting moved. They did not provide us with any type of upgrade, just a lateral move.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Fly and Sail said:

I can't see how this is more positive than moving cabins. You're essentially staying on a floor with "doors closed" whatever that means. If staff is moved to this floor what are the chances of there being more exposed to possible cases?

The fire doors to the stateroom hallway. 

• Like 2

I can confirm that they will move you. We were on Equinox 2 weeks ago in an Accessible Room on Level 6. The only reason we weren't moved is because the Accessible Room was not available elsewhere. It was a ghost town with only us besides staff on Level 6. Cabin doors were open and they were empty.

I read that deck 6 was being used for initial quarantine of new crew, so I don't know if there were any positive COVID cases on deck 6 on my cruise.

At any rate, on the Celebrity Apex, we were moved from an IV 6127 on deck 6 up 1 floor to 7120 deck 7 IV.  I received no notice from Celebrity before the cruise, but figured it out when the new cabin assignment was on the Xpress passes I printed a few days before the cruise.  The baggage tags still displayed the deck 6 cabin.  Thanks to Cruise Critic, I had been alerted to be on the lookout for deck 6 cabin switcheroos!

Further, 3 days before the cruise, Celebrity cancelled the excursion I had booked with OBC and didn't reimburse my OBC.  I didn't realize this until embarkation when there were no excursion tickets in the cabin.  

So I had to go to Shore Excursions and find out what happened and ended up rebooking the excursion.  The next day when the original excursion cost had still not been refunded, I had to trudge down to Guest Relations and plead my case.  Fortunately, I had saved prior emails showing the excursion booking and onboard credit balance (although printed copies would have been better due to the slow internet while trying to access my emails).

After contacting Miami, they did some "midnight" accounting and restored the cancelled excursion OBC.  However, I was never credited with my travel agent's $50 GAP OBC that was on a little card in my stateroom upon embarkation.  I figure I'm supposed to be on vacation and I had spent enough time resolving the excursion situation without additional hassle.  C'est la vie!

We were on the Constellation last week and our balcony cabin was on deck 7, middle. The fire door next to us was closed and we could not use the front elevators to get to our room. We were told that the front of deck 7 was for new crew and entertainers who had to be quarantined for 5 days. Crew was coming in and out from crew area past us to the closed area. After complaining to the  Hotel  Manager were were moved to Aqua Class. FYI, this was our 4th cruise since Covid. Masks were now required by everyone. Crew  now wore N 95 masks, not the blue Celebrity masks, and we had many crew members that were quarantined during the cruise, from our waiter and assistant, to the cruise director Kelly.