Latitudes Discount- Internet and shore excursions

kenzie

We are all platinum. Just looked at our 2 B2B cruises next month and looking to book the upgrades on internet. Apparently we have 15% discount from latitudes, but when I add to the card, it does not apply the discount. It does advertise, book online to save 15%, surely we do not have to wait till we get onboard and then lose the online discount so forfeiting the latitude discount? As I booked the first part before 18th and second cruise after the 18th I see the increased cost of internet upgrade and think it is around $70 per 7 day cruise.

Also re shore excursion $50 discount, this is allocated to first party, can you change the first party listed, the agent did not ask me who to allocate as the first party on my father/daughters bookings, they allocated my father as first but he will not participate on all shore excursions and the wifi would also be better for my daughter. Booked with CAS. 

Also how do you get the latitude discount for shore excursions now if booking online?

It seems that they haven’t got everything sorted from the recent latitudes changes. As you say, the internet discount isn’t showing up, but that may appear at a later point. Of course it may be possible that this will be a but onboard option which would reduce the value if you can’t get the early booking discount.

The shore excursion latitudes discount also isn’t showing up for many people. It actually is for me but I seem to be in the minority (maybe because I’m not in the US). I think that people have been advised this will be corrected soon.

3 hours ago, kenzie said:

Also how do you get the latitude discount for shore excursions now if booking online?

In the past the shorex discount usually was applied only at the shorex desk on board.  There seems to be a hiccup in the computer system that hasn't allowed it to be applied when you book online in advance.  It sometimes has been a bit of a hassle to stand in line at the shorex desk, but we've never really had any difficulty in getting them to correct the billing and credit the difference back to us on our onboard account.  Just make sure you don't prepay for everything.  Leave yourself an item or two to pay for onboard so they have an onboard charge to which they can apply the credit.  Maybe someday their IT department actually will get their computer system set up to handle all the offers, discounts, etc. that their marketing department folks have promised.

I just tried to book a shorex for our upcoming cruise in July, and it seems to work perfectly when it comes to the system applying both the $50 shorex credit for 1st person and our 15% Latitude discount for both of us.

In detail:

The shore excursion in question, has a regular price of $99,00 p.p. for adults. Before "choosing it" the price shown as available is $49,00 for 1. passenger (me) and $99,00 for second passenger (my husband). When I tick the boxes to purchase the shore excursion for both of us, the shopping cart shows the prices with the  Latitude discount deducted as well. $41,65 for me and $84,15 for my husband, so a (in my eyes) reasonable total amount of $125,80 instead of $198,00. 😊

• Like 1

As has been noted in other discussions, the latitudes discount does not usually show until you get to the payment page.  But they are also having issues with their system - I called to verify that they still required payment in advance - and they couldn't apply latitudes discount to my reservation.  Told me when they get the system fixed, I'd get a refund.  So we'll see.

Per T&C: "Discounts are not reflected in the shopping section of My NCL on ncl.com. You will see the discount in the shopping cart upon check out."

Edited by julig22

53 minutes ago, TrumpyNor said:

I just tried to book a shorex for our upcoming cruise in July, and it seems to work perfectly when it comes to the system applying both the $50 shorex credit for 1st person and our 15% Latitude discount for both of us.

In detail:

The shore excursion in question, has a regular price of $99,00 p.p. for adults. Before "choosing it" the price shown as available is $49,00 for 1. passenger (me) and $99,00 for second passenger (my husband). When I tick the boxes to purchase the shore excursion for both of us, the shopping cart shows the prices with the  Latitude discount deducted as well. $41,65 for me and $84,15 for my husband, so a (in my eyes) reasonable total amount of $125,80 instead of $198,00. 😊

I think the problems must be with the US site, as it also works fine for me.

• Like 2

The shore discount appears to work now but just realised you get no discount for WiFi upgrades and since we both parties now get free minutes from free at sea there is no discount going to be given unless you sale without the free at seas - pointless discount offered by NCL 

• Like 1

On 1/19/2022 at 10:35 AM, julig22 said:

As has been noted in other discussions, the latitudes discount does not usually show until you get to the payment page.  But they are also having issues with their system - I called to verify that they still required payment in advance - and they couldn't apply latitudes discount to my reservation.  Told me when they get the system fixed, I'd get a refund.  So we'll see.

Per T&C: "Discounts are not reflected in the shopping section of My NCL on ncl.com. You will see the discount in the shopping cart upon check out."

Update.  I had my PCC add transfers to my reservation and mentioned that I hadn't gotten my latitudes discount on my excursions.  I don't know if she did something or if the correction was in the system but the new amount due reflected the correction.