Are there formal evenings on Regent ships and, if so, are the attire requirements enforced?

kstrittm

All,

Forgive me in advance if this topic has been asked and answered repeatedly.  I've been scanning the forum and haven't seen anything similar...

I'm taking (fingers crossed) my first cruise with Regent in June.  I have taken dozens of cruises on Princess and HAL, primarily.  Both of those lines have evenings designated as formal dining.  Lots of folks dress to the 9's, and I have no problem with that.  I, on the other hand, don't enjoy dressing up.  I don't dress like a slob, but after decades of wearing business suits and skirts, I no longer own any or want to own any.  I don't own cocktail dresses, either.  I simply enjoy just wearing slacks or capris.  Please don't judge.

On formal evenings with Princess and HAL, specific clothing is required for entrance to the dining rooms.  Most maitre ds allow slight straying from the requirements (for example, women can wear slacks and a blouse and still get in).  I'm wondering if Regent has something similar.  And, if they do, are they typically on set dates?  For example, with Princess you knew exactly which nights would be formal because they are always those nights (i.e., 2 formal nights with the first at sea day and then night 7). 

I'm preparing to make reservations for specialty dining, so the information will be helpful in my planning.

Thanks so much!

There are Formal Optional evenings only on cruises of 16 nights or more. Note the word "optional"

Regents's evening dress code is straightforward and is detailed in the FAQs on their website:

" the recommended onboard dress in the evenings is Elegant Casual. Dinner dress for ladies includes a skirt, or slacks with a blouse or sweater, a pant suit or dress; slacks and a collared shirt for gentlemen. Sport jackets are optional. Casual wear is not to be worn at dinner ...... with the exceptions of while dining at the Pool Grill and on the final evening of the cruise. Ties are not required.

On sailings of 16 nights or more, Formal and Semi-Formal attire is optional on two of the evenings. On the two Formal Optional evenings, guests are welcome to dress as per the elegant Casual dress code or opt for a more formal choice of clothing including gowns and cocktail dresses for ladies; tuxedos, dinner jackets or dark suits with tie for gentlemen"

Hope you enjoy your cruise in June.

You will be most welcome wearing elegant 'casual' as described above.  Hubby and I love to have an occasion to dress up as we live in shorts, t-shirts, and sandals much of the year.  But on Formal Optional evenings Regent guests dress in a range of outfits and no judgements are cast, I can assure you.  Happy cruising!

Edited by FengShui@Sea

THe 16 day cruise requirement for optional formal nights does not include back to back cruises.  We were on the Dec 8 2021, 19 day cruise and originally I expected formal nights.  Then I realized we were actually on two separate cruises, first, a 9 day cruise and second, a 10 day cruise.  I haven't seen a tuxedo on a Regent cruise in quite some time.  Regent has the best "dress code" on the Seven Seas!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, BettyDol said:

I haven't seen a tuxedo on a Regent cruise in quite some time.

There were quite a number on our recent Mariner Holiday cruise, particularly on New Year's Eve; many ladies wearing more formal dresses & gowns, and men sporting DJs/Tuxes, suits, jackets & ties.

• Like 2