On Riviera Now Jan 28; 2022 to Feb 7

catgirl411

49 minutes ago, Nymich said:

Very nice to see you post!  I know you followed my Jan. 4 thread closely as well as the Jan 14th that @macaroni created.  Ironically @macaroni and her husband and their friends talked several times with us during the cruise.

I had to respond to you because you were liking and thanking all over the place on those previous threads.

I'm glad you are having a great time.......you certainly planned this one out!

We will be sailing on the 7th as a result of your back to back cruise posts thank you again!
Susan

• Like 1

On 1/29/2022 at 6:07 PM, kim ogrady said:

Thank you for posting for all us future cruisers.  I’ll be cruising solo, husband decided he didn’t want to go (complicated story, not Covid related) and I really want to go.  We can’t get our money back so I’m going.  Never cruised solo before but I’m really looking forward to it. 

So an update. I love Oceania even more.  Oceania allowed me to transfer my husband’s ticket to a friend.  No fee and no hassle.  Girls trip end of February.  

• Like 10

Thank you for posting while on board. We hope to make the Transatlantic from Miami on March 18. Trying to plan ahead 🙂 but the wine list on Oceania’s website doesn’t give prices. We are wondering if you might be so kind as to tell us the prices of the three champagnes that are offered on board by the bottle? The list shows Pommery, Germaine, and Veuve Clicquot. Any help appreciated! Many thanks in advance.

We are onboard for our first Oceania cruise. I am so happy we decided to not cancel. I feel very safe onboard and with only 462 onboard, the service has been great. Spent two beautiful days at the beach in St Barts and St Kitts. Even won at the first day of bingo. The food is amazing and it has been easy to get additional reservations at the specialties. The only mandatory testing will be for Puerto Rico and that will be on Day 8 of our 10 day cruise. They are very good about reminding us when we forget to put our mask back on. Any questions??

• Like 4

Barrest24, thanks for the update.  We are on the 2/7 cruise.  Which beach did you go to in St Barts?  How close is it to where the tender lets you off?  Are there chaises available?  I had read the charge to rent chaises was ridiculous in St Barts.  Thanks and continue to enjoy.

2 hours ago, Ibis said:

Thank you for posting while on board. We hope to make the Transatlantic from Miami on March 18. Trying to plan ahead 🙂 but the wine list on Oceania’s website doesn’t give prices. We are wondering if you might be so kind as to tell us the prices of the three champagnes that are offered on board by the bottle? The list shows Pommery, Germaine, and Veuve Clicquot. Any help appreciated! Many thanks in advance.

I am only seeing Veuve Clicquot at Jacques

specialty restaurant listed for $115 bottle. 
The other 2 will try to inquire with Sommelier later. 

We walked to the beach in St Barts -  15-20 minutes. Easy walk. We spent so much time in the water, we didn’t need a chaise. There were chaises there, but I don’t know if they rent to anyone or are for guests of a nearby place. Never asked. The cove was just beautiful. I sat on a flat rock for about 15 minutes just enjoying the view. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Barrest24 said:

We walked to the beach in St Barts -  15-20 minutes. Easy walk. We spent so much time in the water, we didn’t need a chaise. There were chaises there, but I don’t know if they rent to anyone or are for guests of a nearby place. Never asked. The cove was just beautiful. I sat on a flat rock for about 15 minutes just enjoying the view. 

I think you are talking about Shell Beach, correct?  Very pretty there and we did some snorkeling on the left near the rocks.  We also sat on a flat rock.  Looking forward to cruising on Monday!  Thanks for posting!  

• Like 1

We just returned from Chef Stephanie’s Culinary class on making fish at home. Very well done and enjoyable. I also attended her talk on how she ended up working for Julia Child. Very interesting and she presents her story very well. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Barrest24 said:

Yes, the beach we went to was Shell beach. It’s not powdery sand, so if you have beach shoes, you may want to bring them. 

There’s a clue in the name. I’ve also sat on that rock at the far end of the beach😀
I think there was a charge for the loungers but we didn’t use them. 

6 hours ago, Ibis said:

Inquired with Sommelier the Pommery is

$83/bottle and Germaine is $72/bottle

36 minutes ago, azlatina said:

Inquired with Sommelier the Pommery is

$83/bottle and Germaine is $72/bottle

Wow – the Veuve Cliquot [$115 "plus 20%"] is what you get free in a PH.  It's one of my favorites, but I didn't realize O had been so generous as to give the best in the cellar!

7 hours ago, Barrest24 said:

We are onboard for our first Oceania cruise. I am so happy we decided to not cancel. I feel very safe onboard and with only 462 onboard, the service has been great. Spent two beautiful days at the beach in St Barts and St Kitts. Even won at the first day of bingo. The food is amazing and it has been easy to get additional reservations at the specialties. The only mandatory testing will be for Puerto Rico and that will be on Day 8 of our 10 day cruise. They are very good about reminding us when we forget to put our mask back on. Any questions??

Quick question...if you are walking in the walking/jogging path, are masks in use?

Azlatina, thank you so much for your quick response about the wine prices. I had spoken with someone at Oceania this afternoon who told me Veuve Clicquot was $69. and gratuity was optional. I knew that wasn’t correct. Really appreciate your help. Hope your time on board is super!

Many thanks:-)

For any Canadians, yesterday we got letters describing the PCR testing process at disembarkation. It is done dockside (pre-register on line). You get the test and results will be available by email in 90 minutes. You don’t need to wait and can proceed to the airport. (Now who knows what happens if you test positive and have to quarantine?)

On another testing note, tomorrow is supposed to be San Juan. We were told that the whole ship would be tested prior to being allowed to dock there.  We haven’t seen info yet on how that will happen.

2 hours ago, tipsygirl said:

For those who paid for culinary classes precruise I assume we will be refunded? And do we have to register again, or do we already have a place in the class

On our 1/14 cruise we were refunded our fees.  We were given tickets to the demo automatically. Other people interested in the demo were only allowed if space was available.  It was a very small group.  Masks were strictly required and no drinking or eating allowed. (Due to the masks)

The demo was excellent.

4 hours ago, tipsygirl said:

For those who paid for culinary classes precruise I assume we will be refunded? And do we have to register again, or do we already have a place in the class

Chef Steph held an open preview meeting on the first day of the 1/14 cruise (which was a sea day).  Those who had paid were assigned to a session but had the opportunity to switch to a more convenient time, and also to add an additional session on a different topic.  Those who hadn't signed up before were then allowed to sign up for 2 sessions and waitlist for more.  Everybody got basically what they wanted [although the 'Jacques' sessions were full].  We hadn't signed up ahead and still got Fish, Red Ginger, and World Traveler.

5 hours ago, tipsygirl said:

I have been refunded  for the class I paid for precruise.  I still have my reservation for the class.  I did not need to register again. We received our ticket for the class when we got  on board.

We are scheduled to arrive in San Juan tomorrow. We were informed when we first boarded that everyone would need to test for Covid prior to arrival. Haven’t heard or seen anything about when testing will occur. Anyone have any info?

24 minutes ago, azlatina said:

We are scheduled to arrive in San Juan tomorrow. We were informed when we first boarded that everyone would need to test for Covid prior to arrival. Haven’t heard or seen anything about when testing will occur. Anyone have any info?

San Juan has relaxed their cruise guest requirements announced 2 days ago.

• Thanks 1