Aft cabins

Rick&Jenny

We’ve been on maybe a dozen Mexican Riviera cruises over the years.  Mostly on the Emerald, Ruby, & Sapphire Princesses. This Spring we are sailing on the new Royal class Discovery Princess. We’ve booked an Aft cabin on Riviera deck for a first time experience. We’re big fans of sitting on the stern, watching the wake.  For those of you who have already booked an Aft cabin on a previous cruise, can you share your thoughts or experience with us. What was it like?  Rick & Jenny

I love, love the aft cabins and only book those. Sitting out watching & hearing the wake is the best.

I think you will be hooked on aft cabins. The ones on Dolphin deck are deeper than the others.

We have on on Discovery for April and can't wait.

Enjoy!

Once we started reserving aft cabins, we've never gone back. We love it back there!

We (literally) just disembarked from a 10-day Enchanted today. (we got home four hours ago.) Our aft balcony on the Dolphin deck was huge! The aft wake is mesmerizing. We had two chairs, two ottomans and a table. There was more than ample room to put two more chairs and ottomans out there.

It's really quiet back there, and very close to aft elevators. That makes it an easy trip to the buffet and aft bar.

Aft people are our people! LOL I took a bunch of aft pictures, and will be starting my review later today (or tomorrow.) I will post a couple of my pics in this thread.

If you love watching the wake, you will not be disappointed.

Edited by Kmkub
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, geoherb said:

I'm looking forward to my aft balcony in a week on the Regal. It's going to spoil me after my past few cruises in inside cabins.

rascals gone awry 

We did a 10 day cruise in a Dophin deck aft cabin on the Enchanted a couple of weeks ago. We really enjoyed the balcony and the wake view. I'm not sure we would do it again though. The drawbacks were the vibration, which was generally not a problem (and even quite soothing at night) but really ramped up during docking maneuvers, often very early in the morning. There was also some soot on the balcony furniture occasionally. It's a nice, quiet location though since there are only 4 balcony cabins and 2 suites back there. The only other issue was covid-related. The mid-ship elevators were inaccessible due to the quarantine cabins from mid-ship forward. 

The upgrade fairy gave us our first aft cabin and it is our favorite ever since. In fact, we have one booked for 14 days on the Sky leaving 2/5! 

That being said, I agree with JerrySue that the vibration during docking early in the morning can be a bit unnerving if you like to sleep late! 

We LOVE our aft cabin wake views and larger balconies and try to get one every cruise now.

Smooth sailing and following winds!