If I Had a Wish List

esther e

This is an off-shoot of a post regarding what you like and don't like on HAL.

Can I add that if I were in charge all the doors to verandahs would be sliding rather than opening with a handle.  I can't enjoy a verandah because I am an elderly solo traveler and have a fear of the door swiftly closing on me if there were a stiff breeze.  I don't have the strength any longer to push open this very heavy door and would be thrilled to just slide one open.

I would also like to see High Tea served as before and not in the dining room.  There was something so elegant about a small table by the window for 2 or 4 with a tea service.  I liked that.

• Like 3

I opened a similar topic about a year and half ago when Orlando Ashford left the company. My question was : what should a new CEO bring back. I’ll see if I can still find that list…

For me personally : lobster on gala night instead of a large shrimp, more items on the room service menu like it used to be , more guest speakers not just the people from shore excursions talking about ports.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, esther e said:

Can I add that if I were in charge all the doors to verandahs would be sliding rather than opening with a handle.  I can't enjoy a verandah because I am an elderly solo traveler and have a fear of the door swiftly closing on me if there were a stiff breeze.  I don't have the strength any longer to push open this very heavy door and would be thrilled to just slide one open.

I would also like to see High Tea served as before and not in the dining room.  There was something so elegant about a small table by the window for 2 or 4 with a tea service.  I liked that.

I’ve been on ships with sliding doors, including in a Lanai category room on HAL, and the sliders were heavy and quite difficult for me to push open. That said, there may be sliding doors to verandas that open more easily on some ships.

Being a full-time wheelchair user, the doors to the verandah has alwas been my number one complaint. The same heavy, swing open doors are in the accessible cabins. The Pinnacle Class ships now have sliding doors to the verandah in the accessible cabins. They still take some strength to open and should have an automatic opener. Unfortunately the regular cabins appear to still have the swing door. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, esther e said:

I hear you on the door thing. On one of my cruises the door shut before I had my foot all the way out and it slammed the back of my ankle. I ended up with a gash and bruises. In hindsight, I should probably have reported it. 

St Louis Sal

• Like 1