Simply Silversea Hotel Barbados

Charleyben

Can anyone please help with which hotel Silversea are currently using in Barbados.  We are only five weeks away and cannot get any information on our 3 night pre cruise stay.  The only feedback I am getting is that it will be coming soon.  There have been a number of cruises out of Barbados this year and I find it hard to believe that they have not made arrangements at this stage. Thanks in anticipation.

In the past they have used Hilton Barbados. I know you asked about current….but

It may be slow coming because I think many of the hotels in Barbados have had to put aside some rooms for Covid quarantine. So maybe that’s making it a little more complicated for them to provide the info. I’m sure you’ll have it two weeks before. I know you probably want to know, but if you feel you need to know because you want to book restaurant reservations, I would say book the restaurants you want anyway. You can always take a taxi.

And definitely download the Barbados entry app and Verifly if you can. It greatly expedites entry in Barbados.

• Like 1

Hello. Keen to hear of any recent experiences with Silversea Simply hotels as i am on this cruise as well and probably got the same 3 day pre-cruise stay from the same travel agent as the original poster. Cricket Test March starts on the 16th March so i also expect the hotels will be very busy with many of the English Barmy Army as well.

If you really want to expedite your entry to Barbados and negotiate the crowds at BGI, I recommend Five Star Fast Track service.  They have saved me many hours and much aggravation over the years.  BGI can be a mess when a couple of wide bodies from Europe arrive along with dinky 737s from US.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Observer said:

If you really want to expedite your entry to Barbados and negotiate the crowds at BGI, I recommend Five Star Fast Track service.  They have saved me many hours and much aggravation over the years.

Amen. Cutting line (legally) is always best @ BGI.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

Strange that you have such a story... But you could also stay at the Hilton. I was on a cruise with my friend, we got a discount as they had a promotional offer at the time. We were on a cruise this August by the way. Personally, I enjoyed everything, the atmosphere was similar to that of the gold coast accommodation, I had vacationed there previously. The Willemstad in Curaçao left a special impression, as if it were a part of Amsterdam, but in the Caribbean. If you're planning on pre-ordering now, it's probably not a good time. The weeks before the new year are always chaotic. I remember that I've been booking since February.

Edited by dagmaparty

Was about to answer the OP but then spotted it’s nearly a year old and a bump!

We have got a simply hotel in Barbados in March 2023. At the end of November we noticed it showing up in my.silversea 

Surprisingly on our cruise they are still using the Hilton, though it seems we’ve been lucky and allocated the AI hotel “O2 Beach Club & Spa” which seemingly appears to be a nice choice. No idea the split, but there are several in the O2 and another guest confirmed we have been booked on an AI basis. Certainly if there was a choice (and suspect you could request(?),  I’d go with the O2.

25 minutes ago, dougburns said:

I am on the TA from Barbados-Lisbon 23 March-4 April, using Simply Hotel in Barbados and they have me at the Turtle Beach Resort. Kind of away from town, but fairly close to the airport. Anyone else there?

Just looked up Doug. 15 mins from the airport and then a further 20 mins to the cruise terminal.Your hotel is right next to the one we’ve been assigned the start of the previous cruise.

So yours is the third hotel I’ve seen being used now. Won’t be surprised there will be more. 

• Like 1

Just in Bridgetown.  Taxi to Sugar Bay hotel from BGI was $12USD and to the cruise terminal was $20.  Driving thru town I really didn't see anything that would have made me want to stay close to there.  Taxis are easy and there is an app for Barbados Taxis, similar to what Uber uses.  No Uber or Lyft tho,  Taxi as airport super easy.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

When Silversea could not identify a hotel for me, I booked the Courtyard at Marriott for the night of March 22.  I expect Silversea to arrange transport for me from A/P to hotel and to the Dawn. I also signed up for transport from home to airport and the same back home after the cruise.

4 hours ago, Solitarycruiser said:

When Silversea could not identify a hotel for me, I booked the Courtyard at Marriott for the night of March 22.  I expect Silversea to arrange transport for me from A/P to hotel and to the Dawn. I also signed up for transport from home to airport and the same back home after the cruise.

I may be wrong (and hope I am) but I’d be surprised if that wasn’t considered a deviation and mean transport won’t be part of the booking. Obviously if you take the SS offering, then it will.

I know in HK post cruise, we had to pay for the transfer from ship to hotel, then hotel to ship when we booked our own instead of their hotel.

it wasn’t a big deal as it won’t be for Barbados going by the fares quoted above.

I’m surprised your allocation hasn’t been made yet. We had ours for 12 March a month ago I think.

5 hours ago, Solitarycruiser said:

When Silversea could not identify a hotel for me, I booked the Courtyard at Marriott for the night of March 22.  I expect Silversea to arrange transport for me from A/P to hotel and to the Dawn.

If you book your own hotel, you will not get a transfer to the hotel and from the hotel to the port. The included transfers are only to/from the hotel(s) they are using. 

On 2/6/2022 at 10:32 PM, Observer said:

If you really want to expedite your entry to Barbados and negotiate the crowds at BGI, I recommend Five Star Fast Track service.  They have saved me many hours and much aggravation over the years.  BGI can be a mess when a couple of wide bodies from Europe arrive along with dinky 737s from US.

Always useful… but if you have to wait for a coach transfer, no time advantage (unless you decide to make your own way by taxi.)

So do you think it’ll be a coach or Taxi transfer to the hotel?