Mardi Gras FH and Lido Buffet Food Questions

tinkerbell1984

Does the Lido Breakfast have pancakes, French toast, and waffles? Or does it alternate? I have an autistic son who will only eat those pancakes for breakfast with choc chips I bring from home. We've always had them offered every day but the MG Lido just looks more limited during the glances I can find online.

How about Family Harbor? What do they have for breakfast? Afternoon snacks? Do they have the brownies that Vista and Horizon have? Can't find any foodie videos of the lounge. 

Mardi Gras Lido Buffet also looks to have less desserts than other ships from videos, is that accurate?

I know there are other places to eat, but I'm looking for these specific questions for a reason, Thanks!

I was on Mardi Gras 2 weeks ago and while I didn't go to Lido every day for breakfast, the couple times I did go up there it seemed like they rotated between pancakes and french toast. I don't remember seeing waffles as an option. I can't speak to family harbor at all. The couple times I ate lunch or dinner on lido they also had less dessert choices than other ships. The lido options are definitely more limited on Mardi Gras than on other ships.

• Like 1

Sorry I can't address your questions directly. Just want to say as for desserts, don't forget to check out the ice cream at Cherry On Top candy store. Next door, Java Blue coffee has milkshakes and sweets, cupcakes, donuts, cookies and chocolate cake. These may have an upcharge but sometimes ya gotta have it. 

2 minutes ago, mondello said:

Sorry I can't address your questions directly. Just want to say as for desserts, don't forget to check out the ice cream at Cherry On Top candy store. Next door, Java Blue coffee has milkshakes and sweets, cupcakes, donuts, cookies and chocolate cake. These may have an upcharge but sometimes ya gotta have it. 

I don't believe Cherry on Top on MG offers ice cream. The one time we went in there we didn't notice any kind of ice cream or menu boards for ice cream. Java Blue definitely had a selection of cupcakes and desserts though. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, pblack said:

I don't believe Cherry on Top on MG offers ice cream. The one time we went in there we didn't notice any kind of ice cream or menu boards for ice cream. Java Blue definitely had a selection of cupcakes and desserts though. 

I was going off what I read elsewhere, sorry. They have gelato on Vista class ships and pretty sure they have it on a small station on MG Lido buffet; rotating flavors with choice of add-ons. Included, and likely better than the soft serve. If they rotate breakfast items on buffet, check the daily room service menu. Should be able to get his pancakes one way or another. I know they have them in the MDR and Seaday Brunch, although I believe you want to use the buffet seating.

They have all (3) pancakes, waffles and French toast on the port day breakfast menu in the MDR.  I do not believe it lists "chocolate chips" as a pancake option, but I believe my son requested and received in the past on multiple occasions.  If they can accommodate a request, they will.

Edited by famof4togo

4 hours ago, lolalow said:

I know on other ships they have a whole bunch of cakes at sweet spot.  Do they still do this?  Is there still the chocolate buffet?

I believe the chocolate buffet is only on 8 nights or longer cruises.