After Disembarcation

Cruisedreamer1

There are services that will take your bags from the ship and have them delivered to your home - I'm sure other posters can give more on that idea. Not terribly expensive as I remember.

With a full day, the world is your oyster. Of course, no mention from you as what city you will be in.

21 minutes ago, Cruisedreamer1 said:

Our flight leaves in the early evening and we wondered what we could do until it is time to go to the airport. Where can be store our luggage? Would we be allowed to stay on the ship until the afternoon at least? Thanks. Has anyone taken a city tour after cruising?

You could take a tour   of Miami  try the Big red bus  ..they will store your bags  for you

https://www.bigbustours.com/en/miami/miami-bus-tours/

Book a say room at  a hotel & enjoy their facilities

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Cruisedreamer1 said:

Our flight leaves in the early evening and we wondered what we could do until it is time to go to the airport. Where can be store our luggage? Would we be allowed to stay on the ship until the afternoon at least? Thanks. Has anyone taken a city tour after cruising?

Years ago we took an airport transfer that included an extensive bus tour of the Everglades. As I recall, it even included an airboat ride in the swamp and some croc wrestling (not the pax - it was the trainer). Then the bus dropped everyone at the airport.

Last time we cruised out of Miami (Oct 2019) we had the same situation.  We rented a car for the day and visited some of our old favorite spots in Miami.  One word of advise, if you rent a car do it from the airport.  We reserved at the Avis downtown.  Took us over 3 hours to get our car.  It was a mess.  After looking at reviews this was how it always is.  That office has a one star rating.  

1 hour ago, Redtravel said:

If you rent a car, the auto rentals at airport send shuttles to the dock. It's free and quick. 

Free yes, quick, not so much in my experience. You wait while they fill the shuttle. 

On 2/10/2022 at 5:57 AM, pinotlover said:

As a Marriott Bonvoy member, I have taken our luggage to a convenient hotel and tipped the Concierge. They have watched our bags all day. The same for the Hyatt.

Gee.... you mean being a hotels guest club  and patronizing that brand is valuable!    Amazing..    I suppose that might apply to airlines, car rentals  etc..     Loyal guests of a brand get pay offs  far beyond points

249.JPG

• Haha 1

On 2/13/2022 at 10:33 AM, ORV said:

Free yes, quick, not so much in my experience. You wait while they fill the shuttle. 

We thought the same. We took an uber.  However, the shuttles have access to services. On the shuttle, the driver calls ahead telling the rental agent who is on the shuttle. Those people get cars before other people.