Quantum of the Seas Dining from Australia

Dons79

Just now, Dons79 said:

Has anyone cruised from Brisbane on the Quantum?  Whats the dining like? 

I've read that the Quantum of the Seas is an Asian themed menu and entertainment ship. 

It will be the first time in Australia and it would have just finished 6 months in Seattle USA before it gets here.

It will have westernised food and entertainment. There will be lamb shanks,meat pies and Australian Beer. Also there will be a lot of local entertainment.

So the conclusion is you will survive.

2 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

It will be the first time in Australia and it would have just finished 6 months in Seattle USA before it gets here.

It will have westernised food and entertainment. There will be lamb shanks,meat pies and Australian Beer. Also there will be a lot of local entertainment.

So the conclusion is you will survive.

Just as long as they stock up on Australian food, including less sweet food, savoury breakfast, hot tea, etc. unlike the first cruise from Honolulu to Australia on Rhapsody of the Seas, where they had to get supplies from Tahiti and Fiji en route!

On 2/13/2022 at 8:45 AM, Dons79 said:

Has anyone cruised from Brisbane on the Quantum?  Whats the dining like? 

I've read that the Quantum of the Seas is an Asian themed menu and entertainment ship. 

No one has cruised from Brisbane on the Quantum yet. What you read was correct because it was cruising in Asia .All cruises do change to cater for the market they are in . The Ovation had a noodle shop in Asia and was changed to Fish and ships when they came to Australia. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Hogbay said:

No one has cruised from Brisbane on the Quantum yet. What you read was correct because it was cruising in Asia .All cruises do change to cater for the market they are in . The Ovation had a noodle shop in Asia and was changed to Fish and ships when they came to Australia. 

I was told all food was supplied in the US on Rhapsody of the Seas.  The current Viking World Cruise had their itinerary changed from across the South Pacific to down the West Coast of South America, up the East Coast of South America to the Mediterranean and Europe.  Seems there are supplies waiting for the ship in the South Pacific and Singapore, as they were forwarded ahead of the scheduled cruise.  The Guest Speakers have talks prepared for the South Pacific itinerary.  Not easy to organise a World Cruise during a pandemic.  

1 hour ago, MMDown Under said:

I was told all food was supplied in the US on Rhapsody of the Seas.  The current Viking World Cruise had their itinerary changed from across the South Pacific to down the West Coast of South America, up the East Coast of South America to the Mediterranean and Europe.  Seems there are supplies waiting for the ship in the South Pacific and Singapore, as they were forwarded ahead of the scheduled cruise.  The Guest Speakers have talks prepared for the South Pacific itinerary.  Not easy to organise a World Cruise during a pandemic.  

OK Australian cruise industry is 5 Billion that includes produce the F&B always sources fresh local produce. It's not all from the US .

2 hours ago, Hogbay said:

OK Australian cruise industry is 5 Billion that includes produce the F&B always sources fresh local produce. It's not all from the US .

I agree it is not all from the US as I've seen fresh local produce on the wharf.  

• Like 1