Thermal pass Yay or Nay on Jade Greek Isles crusie

vanchelle

Hey there-

looking for advice based on your experience with med cruises and the thermal pass:)

I’ve always only used them on larger ships for Caribbean itineraries. 
this is our first trip to Greece, and it’s a pretty busy itinerary….I think I want the pass but am still researching Jade’s Thermal suite. 
has anyone considered it totally worth the expense or did you find you didn’t use it? 

I did this cruise on the Jade in November.  I did not get the full on Thermal Spa pass because there just isn't time to use it with this itinerary.  We were off the ship as soon as we docked and not back on until right before leaving.  What I did do was take one day as a personal Sea Day and bought a Day Pass for $59.  Got a much needed massage and just had a quiet day on the ship to recharge.  I just can't justify spending the money on such a port intensive cruise. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Thunderbird19 said:

Can anyone comment on the Thermal Spas in the NCL Escape and the NCL Spirit?  Considering cruise passes, if available, an unfamiliar with both ships.  Thanks.

The spa on Escape is impressive.  Spirit is a smaller ship so the spa might not be as large, but it was refurbished recently so I'd expect the spa to be quite nice, although I'm not sure it has all of the features like the salt or cold rooms.

• Like 1

I have thoroughly enjoyed the Jade Thermal Suite pass on several cruises.  Whilst, in general, I highly recommend it...on a busy Greek Island cruise you may not get much use of it.  Mediterranean cruises usually have daily port visits.  If the OP intends to visit all the ports each day, it will be challenging to get a whole lot of use out of the pass.  I find the Thermal Suite passes most valuable on less port-intensive cruises.  

• Thanks 1

On 2/14/2022 at 7:25 PM, BirdTravels said:

There is no comparison between thermal suites on big and small ships. I think you should pass, save some money for the extraordinary food ashore, and jump in the pool to cool off in the afternoon, instead. 

This⬆️⬆️⬆️Was exactly what I’d wondered…if it would feel like a let down after the getaway and breakaway 

thanks!

On 2/14/2022 at 7:36 PM, debenson0723 said:

I did this cruise on the Jade in November.  I did not get the full on Thermal Spa pass because there just isn't time to use it with this itinerary.  We were off the ship as soon as we docked and not back on until right before leaving.  What I did do was take one day as a personal Sea Day and bought a Day Pass for $59.  Got a much needed massage and just had a quiet day on the ship to recharge.  I just can't justify spending the money on such a port intensive cruise. 

Yes…this itinerary is JAM packed…I am planning some flexibility to not be off ship 100% so I don’t burn out😆

a one day is a good idea!