"best" number to contact celebrity re: shore ex reservation

jjduck

Before I go spinning around again, just want to check if 1-888-751-7804  is the number to call for help in making a shore ex reservation.

Back story:  we tried to make a reservation using OBC (put the amount in that blue box on the top), and our credit card was charged instead. cancelled right away. tried a second time next day, and same thing.  now awaiting the refunds.

BTW,  just to clarify, we put the shore ex. amount in that blue box and clicked reserve next to the blue box.    Did we miss a step (like "apply"or "confirm amount" or something?)  

I made an earlier posting about this and someone mentioned the credit card would be charged by default?   

Big box store is our TA and their website says to go direct to celebrity for shore ex.

Thanks very much for your patience and help.

thank you, jwlane and jelayne.  

we will wait a few days to receive the refunds (first things first!) and then try again, being very careful this time to look for the "apply credit" button.

BUT, if it turns out we need help from celebrity,  is 1-888-751-7804 the right number to call??

appreciate your help!

I booked a couple excursions today and found it to work pretty well.

Select the Tour and when complete go to Shopping Cart  -

Enter amount of tour $138 in this example In the box Redeem Onboard Credit.   Apply Credit and the total should change to Zero -   Agree to terms and

image.thumb.png.a77a769b74664e2e602d1ab5455f3b4e.png

Once Total amount is ZERO   Place Order ---- DO NOT PUT IN ANY CREDIT CARD INFORMATION unless paying more than you have credit for.

image.png.f29a08cd5dfdf36fa9c7aa33209d5e64.png

Glad it worked for you Jim. I did all the same things you did and got error messages so many times I finally gave up.

My problem may have something to do with a potential itinerary change for our March Edge sailing. I'll attempt again in the morning, then will call if still no success. Kay

Jim, as always, you are a life saver!  thanks for the step-by-step and pictures!  I so appreciate you.

Kay, good luck to both of us.  AND, what # will you call if you need "help" from celebrity?  Hopefully we will not have to call and wait two hours (again).  

THANKS!

Good luck to you as well !

Today I called Excursions at 800-722-5941. My wait was short, slightly over an hour! The agent was also unable to complete the reservation. She kept saying it was a "glitch" that they see often and I should just keep trying.

Also attempted to purchase the ship art tour with a credit card - did not work. Our itinerary seems to be in flux because of Grand Cayman and the IT department doesn't seem to be able to handle the situation. Oh well - if I can't make a reservation, I figure no one else can either. Apparently the Art, Architecture & Design tour is popular.

Maybe tomorrow I'll call the number for Website Assistance since this seems to be a website problem. (I was successful in purchasing Specialty Dining for our March cruise, so I know the overall pre- purchase system works.) K

19 hours ago, MarKay525 said:

Glad it worked for you Jim. I did all the same things you did and got error messages so many times I finally gave up.

My problem may have something to do with a potential itinerary change for our March Edge sailing. I'll attempt again in the morning, then will call if still no success. Kay

I'm also having a similar problem on our April Norway tour.   The changed the scheduled and swapped a couple ports.   Now everything is messed up with tours showing in wrong city which causes it to error out when I try to book.   I called and they said - We're working on it. 

The change only took place 2 weeks ago --- 😞