HAL -- Anchorage Hotel?

D_Dub

Is anybody familiar with the hotel(s) HAL uses in Anchorage? We have a May 2022 land/sea cruise and we will be getting in a day early. We tried booking an early day through HAL but they said they are sold out of their block and we will not know the hotel they will be using until two weeks before the cruise. We want to book a room now, hopefully in the same hotel that our cruise will put us up in before the land portion starts. Since they are not being helpful can you folks help? Thanks.

2 hours ago, D_Dub said:

Is anybody familiar with the hotel(s) HAL uses in Anchorage? We have a May 2022 land/sea cruise and we will be getting in a day early. We tried booking an early day through HAL but they said they are sold out of their block and we will not know the hotel they will be using until two weeks before the cruise. We want to book a room now, hopefully in the same hotel that our cruise will put us up in before the land portion starts. Since they are not being helpful can you folks help? Thanks.

While the Westmark is the HAL hotel in many cases, if there are several land/sea tours in town at the same time, they do use others.  We were in the Hilton several years ago because there were 2 HAL and one Princess tour in town at the same time.

The Westmark has been the main hotel for Holland America, however it sustained earthquake damage after our big earthquake a few years ago and then with Covid happening, it just has stayed closed. I would think they will reopen for cruise season though. Holland America also uses the Captain Cook and Hilton Hotels sometimes which are much nicer than the Westmark, although since that hotel would have been remodeled by the time they reopen, maybe they will make it better.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, dfilpus said:

The Westmark reopened relatively quickly after the 2018 earthquake. We stayed there in May 2019.

Oh ok; I didn’t even notice. During the pandemic, it’s been boarded up with an empty parking lot every time I’ve driven by. I’m guessing they’ll reopen for cruise season, though. 

20 hours ago, D_Dub said:

Thank you all. I think I'm going to gamble with the Westmark. Your comments are appreciated.

Welcome to CC as a new member!  "Gamble"?  No, I don't think you should anticipate your stay as being a "gamble".  If the hotel is not properly ready to provide typical HAL/Westmark service to its guests, I would be surprised that it would be opened.  As I recall, the hotel is well located in downtown Anchorage.