specialty restaurants on the Equinox?

grest

12 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

OVC ( Slugfest on 14 )--- 2 when full of slobs at breakfast and lunch----- Could not agree more, WTH is it about breakfast buffets that makes people act like they never saw a damn slice of bacon or a big pan of powdered scrambled "eggs" and don't get me going on when they have fish n chips for lunch.  I will say, back in the self serve days, it was entertaining to get a nice cup of coffee and sit at a table for a bit in the morning and enjoy the circus, I will miss that entertainment and I will be at guest services on my next cruise demanding a refund for taking that away from me. 

To get around the Powdered scrambled eggs or premixed egg glop, I go to the fried egg or omelet station and have them scramble 2 fresh cracked eggs, just like my last Butler told us when we order from room service to specify fresh eggs for both omelets and scrambled eggs.

21 hours ago, LGW59 said:

4 of the 6 posts above loved Murano, personal decision, but that to me would at least warrant a let's try it out

well I am doing Equinox in Aqua class and then two weeks later the Edge in non Aqua class.

I will try Murano on the Edge since as you say 4 out of 6 (not a large amount) did like it.

On most ships the various specialty restaurants are quite the topic of discussion. One of my favorites is Teppanyaki on NCL.

22 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

well I am doing Equinox in Aqua class and then two weeks later the Edge in non Aqua class.

I will try Murano on the Edge…………..

Suggest you try Murano restaurant on Equinox as it doesn’t exist on Edge.  Murano is superb, highly recommend Cevena Venison.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mickey89 said:

Suggest you try Murano restaurant on Equinox as it doesn’t exist on Edge.  Murano is superb, highly recommend Cevena Venison.

oh, they did not put in on the Edge, wonder why?  

I will however not eat the Venison as I do not like it.  will look for something with pasta.

Just wanted to contribute here as I am currently on Equinox. I might add more info as we eat at other restaurants during the cruise. 

Last night, we ate in Tuscan Grille. We weren’t sure if we should try it since many people said it was “just alright” or weren’t wowed. However, we ended up meeting the Maitre’d of Tuscan when we were in the buffet earlier in the day and he said that he and the F&B director had been reviewing customer feedback about the consistency of the food and they’ve made serious changes behind the scenes and invited us to check it out. 

We dined there for sail away and it was a truly fantastic experience. In fact, I’d say it was in the top 2 dinners we’ve ever had. 

If there’s just 2 of you, all the two-person tables are right against the panoramic windows and have a beautiful view. 

Our server, Jordan, was wonderful and gave great recommendations. The Maitre’d personally chatted with all the tables, helped clear plates, refilled drinks, etc. He was very personable and really added to the experience for us. 

The bread basket with the fresh cut basil and olive oil was nice. Our favorite was the asiago focaccia bread which was so soft and fluffy. 

For appetizers, I had the crab cake and it was delicious. My wife had the kalamata bruschetta which was the star of the show. It was outstanding. Unfortunately I didn’t get pictures of either as we had finished them before I remembered to take a picture. 

For mains, my wife had the spaghetti and meatballs which she said was delicious. I had the lobster rigatoni and that was my “wow” dish. I would come back just for that. They make their own pasta and the texture is wonderful. The lobster sauce was incredible and there were plump pieces of tender lobster on top. 

I ordered the pasta as a half portion and combined it with the grilled branzino (sea bass). That was delicious as well and I loved that the skin was crispy. 

For desert I had a hot mocha which was made perfectly. I also had the tiramisu which was lovely. Wifey had the zabaglione strawberry shortcake and said it was a winner as well.

We’ll be trying all the specialty dining but in our opinion as of Feb 20, Tuscan Grille was really great on Equinox. 

3322AB9E-2864-49D4-BBBE-92792A756237.jpeg.9f64ac067bf000345634aaded7cbfe22.jpeg8D6CDE42-1D60-438B-9821-7F94205E3B86.jpeg.4887c2c5083f0bcc1bb8a63892fcc2ef.jpegA5951A34-1AA6-4A4B-8D17-FF2F70C12FFC.jpeg.2965e04163ed15a9a8f24f869aeb72e0.jpegA3D3330A-A754-4822-9F08-70972C0AF5FB.jpeg.eb5b33757bb5fc86255c7bb1e1429457.jpegA7741670-A1C7-48E8-9397-2D4C3678F4B9.jpeg.52ab61f5b78e9bd864de72fda1e05939.jpeg

1207CCCB-2AB3-449E-87E9-228D7ACB58BD.jpeg

On Equinox over the holidays, Qsine was exceptions, and we went twice (two different menus). Tuscan was a huge disappointment. It's always been a favorite, but this time it was less than average. Murano was good. Sushi was delicious and we had lunch there a few times.