Stanley Tucci returns March 13

slidergirl

Just barely managed to stay awake for the show (flew in yesterday from LHR).  It was worth it. 

I appreciated his references to Hemingway both in regards to Harry's Bar and the duck hunting. For anyone who hasn't read the Hemingway book set in Venice, I recommend it (Across the River and Through the Trees) -- start is a bit slow but it builds.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, cruisemom42 said:

Just barely managed to stay awake for the show (flew in yesterday from LHR).  It was worth it. 

I appreciated his references to Hemingway both in regards to Harry's Bar and the duck hunting. For anyone who hasn't read the Hemingway book set in Venice, I recommend it (Across the River and Through the Trees) -- start is a bit slow but it builds.

Welcome home!

I never thought of Venice and duck.  

As for the spritz - I heard of using Aperol or Select.  In researching, I also saw Cynar mentioned.  Anyone try that?? it's artichoke liquor!!!  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, slidergirl said:

Welcome home!

I never thought of Venice and duck.  

As for the spritz - I heard of using Aperol or Select.  In researching, I also saw Cynar mentioned.  Anyone try that?? it's artichoke liquor!!!  

Cynar is IMO pretty awful.  I prefer my artichokes in the shape of artichokes....

I prefer the spritz with Campari.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, marazul said:

Cynar is IMO pretty awful.  I prefer my artichokes in the shape of artichokes....

I prefer the spritz with Campari.

I know - I can't wrap my brain around it.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, slidergirl said:

Maybe @euro cruiserwill remember this -- I think it was the two of us off on a daytrip outside Naples, waiting at a dusty, small train station (near Pozzuoli?) where there was a dusty small bar with an oddly vegetal selection of digestives. Cynar was one of them, but there were another couple of odd ones as well.

• Like 1