If filing a claim - Obtain Medical Records and Receipt before leaving the ship

cynt

If you visit the Medical Facility aboard a Royal Caribbean ship make sure to get your Medical Records and receipt BEFORE you get off the ship. I had an allergic reaction to antibiotic cream and had to visit the Medical Facility.  I got the detailed receipt to equal what I was charged on my Set Sail card from Guest Relations but I didn't think to get the Medical Records.  Both are required to file a claim against my medical insurance and my travel insurance (AON purchased thru Royal). Just a heads up if you visit the Medical Facility and plan to file a claim. 

If you fail to receive these documents just call the 800 number for RCCL and they will email you a Guest Request for Medical Records form. Complete the form and email it to royalguestrelations@rccl.com. DO NOT MAIL IT OR FAX IT to the number on the form. Since covid the address and fax number is incorrect. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On the subject of insurance, be careful to get a policy that'll cover you if care is required after leaving the ship.

There was an injury, needed a week to get X-rays and MRIs done for the orthopedist and schedule the surgery and an overnight hospital stay, Insurance said "You were injured during your coverage; but coverage stopped on the last day of your trip.... sorry."  

A settlement was reached and everyone's compensated and put back together now, but just... watch that Insurance. If it's not going to help when you actually need it, it wasn't a good deal.   

13 minutes ago, MichaelCMTX said:

On the subject of insurance, be careful to get a policy that'll cover you if care is required after leaving the ship.

There was an injury, needed a week to get X-rays and MRIs done for the orthopedist and schedule the surgery and an overnight hospital stay, Insurance said "You were injured during your coverage; but coverage stopped on the last day of your trip.... sorry."  

A settlement was reached and everyone's compensated and put back together now, but just... watch that Insurance. If it's not going to help when you actually need it, it wasn't a good deal.   

Agree.  Our regular insurance will reimburse, to a point, for care out of the US.  

4 hours ago, cynt said:

If you visit the Medical Facility aboard a Royal Caribbean ship make sure to get your Medical Records and receipt BEFORE you get off the ship. I had an allergic reaction to antibiotic cream and had to visit the Medical Facility.  I got the detailed receipt to equal what I was charged on my Set Sail card from Guest Relations but I didn't think to get the Medical Records.  Both are required to file a claim against my medical insurance and my travel insurance (AON purchased thru Royal). Just a heads up if you visit the Medical Facility and plan to file a claim. 

If you fail to receive these documents just call the 800 number for RCCL and they will email you a Guest Request for Medical Records form. Complete the form and email it to royalguestrelations@rccl.com. DO NOT MAIL IT OR FAX IT to the number on the form. Since covid the address and fax number is incorrect. 

We went to the medical center last year and there was a medical receipt (diagnosis, procedure codes, etc.) on our door the next morning. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BirdTravels said:

We went to the medical center last year and there was a medical receipt (diagnosis, procedure codes, etc.) on our door the next morning. 

You might need more. You need actual treatment notes.