Specialty Dining charging kids as adult and UDP

We are trying to book specialty dining, but it is charging us “adult” price for our kids. If we book through our cruise planner at full fare, will it reimburse us later as the kids are a cheaper rate?

We did UDP last time we were on Navigator of the Seas. We don’t see it as an option in the cruise planner. Do we need to do this when we get on board? Or is the UDP not longer an option? 

38 minutes ago, Turtlelove17 said:

If we book through our cruise planner at full fare, will it reimburse us later as the kids are a cheaper rate?

Yes, that has been reported by others. The other option is to only buy for the adults and add the kids on board.

When we booked I believe they charged full price for our 9 year old and told us they would adjust the price onboard as long as she ate from the kids menu, but full price if from the regular menu.  From what I remember we couldn’t at the 4 year old, I believe because they are free so they said they would just add a chair for them.  I did call Royal to get the answers.