Icy Stright Point + Haines late May, or Skagway early May

aprilsp88

Hi,

I'm debating on which cruise to choose, would you give me some suggestion, or what to do?

Early May: Keicken + Skagway + Glacier bay, we've visited several times

Late May: Icy Stright Point + Haines + Edicott Arm, new ports, but don't know what to do, less well known, smaller glacier

Thanks,

April

Check the in-port times closely. Some cruises have done Skagway and Haines on the same day and that leaves Haines with many hours in the dark after sunset. If the same day do early May but if separate days for ISP and Haines do late May. ISP is not like any port you have been to and very good for wildlife and zip lines. sightcrr

• Thanks 1

I vote ISP & Haines since you have been to the others. Glacier Winds mentioned by Italy52 is excellent and I am booked with them in May for the 2nd time. 

Haines is not commercialized like many ports. We rented a car from Captain’s Choice and went to the Kroschel Wildlife Center, drove part of the Haines Highway, had lunch at Thirty-three Mile Roadhouse, went to Chilkoot Lake and Chilkat State Park. The car was an older Subaru, but was reliable and served the purpose.

• Like 1