Cruise Search

DeanD

We live in North Florida and the majority of our cruises have been out of Tampa or Canaveral.  We'd like to branch out more to see places we haven't seen but also control the distance and accessibility as much as possible.  Plus we have some specific locations we'd like to see, esp when we cruise in Europe.  For several reasons only looking at Celebrity and RCL, at least for now.  Most search sites, even on the advanced options, only allow you to control the general location and departure port.  I realize that there are going to be limitations but thought I'd ask if anyone had suggestions.  I'm not looking for recommendations on a company to book with but more a good search option to do some dreaming and planning.  I've found one that allows you to select specific locations but it doesn't seem to work well in that it doesn't return options consistently that I know to be easily available.  Ideally it'd allow me to search a location but not require me to know the actual port if there are several options.  For example, I'd like to select Bermuda but not have to specify one of the 3 possible specific ports.

5 minutes ago, island lady said:

I don't use a Travel Agent...but from your post...I think it may help you to seek one out.  

Thanks, I do have a Great Travel agent but I'm hands on for planning.  With all the cancelation and FCC issues, thank god.

17 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

For as limited as the RC search engine is, you can search on destinations.

image.png.7eef68240bfeb9dc66d8d696e02c89b3.png

Thanks.  That would work for Bermuda but maybe a better example might be the Greek Isles where I'd specify the specific islands or the Souther Caribbean where I'd specify 2 of the ABC islands.

Edited by DeanD

See if this helps - the cruiseweb site.  This was my quick internet search for a website.   I typed in just one port (Crete) and it listed several cruises. I went no further; I figured you could see if it meets your needs.  

0E5BA6CF-9D17-4D64-9691-3CE3D64E4CF0.thumb.jpeg.928a98b2b348396b030238e851109774.jpeg

On Royal Caribbean's web site, click "Destinations" at the top of the main screen:

image.png.6e984014f8127609427c6d054ad49351.png

On the Destinations screen, scroll to the bottom, and pick "Explore All Ports":

image.png.e18842b77d026a9b784ff3ec88e6f303.png

On the Port list, select a destination: 

Scroll to the bottom, to "Best Deals to ...", 

image.png

1 hour ago, alohayall said:

See if this helps - the cruiseweb site.  This was my quick internet search for a website.   I typed in just one port (Crete) and it listed several cruises. I went no further; I figured you could see if it meets your needs.  

0E5BA6CF-9D17-4D64-9691-3CE3D64E4CF0.thumb.jpeg.928a98b2b348396b030238e851109774.jpeg

Thanks, cruiseweb looks to be the closest.  I've found one other set up similarly and maybe even slightly easier to enter the variable but for some reason the results are no reliable.  It often doesn't return any options when I know they are readily available.  Being unreliable doesn't help me.  Cruisecritic's site only allows one variable and at times is too specific.  RCL's own site has similar limitations plus I do want to include both Celebrity and RCL since we'll be Diamond Plus after our upcoming cruise.

If you click on search on RC and put in a port that you want to go to, it will come up with thumnails of cruises to that port, go to the last thumbnail visible, you will get an arrow, then use the arrow to get to the end where it says view all itineraries, once you view all itineraries you can selct other filters. Hope this is what you are looking for.

image.thumb.png.0557dcad3d80c8bb31739c42cd91dbeb.png

2 minutes ago, cruise1957 said:

If you click on search on RC and put in a port that you want to go to, it will come up with thumnails of cruises to that port, go to the last thumbnail visible, you will get an arrow, then use the arrow to get to the end where it says view all itineraries, once you view all itineraries you can selct other filters. Hope this is what you are looking for.

image.thumb.png.0557dcad3d80c8bb31739c42cd91dbeb.png

Thanks, I'll play with it.

Actually, CruiseCritic has a pretty good search where you can drill down to the specific location you want to visit.  I use a general internet search, like google, and just search on "cruises to Curacao" (as an example).  CruiseCritic usually comes up.  They will show you all the cruise lines that have Curacao in their current itineraries.

48 minutes ago, pcur said:

Actually, CruiseCritic has a pretty good search where you can drill down to the specific location you want to visit.  I use a general internet search, like google, and just search on "cruises to Curacao" (as an example).  CruiseCritic usually comes up.  They will show you all the cruise lines that have Curacao in their current itineraries.

OK, but if I wanted to find say a transatlantic that stops in Bermuda then Santorini and Mykonos (or reverse) and only get results the fit that bill, would this work?  It may be that there isn't such an option but I figured if I explored I'd find something that worked better than I've used before.  

5 hours ago, DeanD said:

OK, but if I wanted to find say a transatlantic that stops in Bermuda then Santorini and Mykonos (or reverse) and only get results the fit that bill, would this work?  It may be that there isn't such an option but I figured if I explored I'd find something that worked better than I've used before.  

What I have done in the past is to start with a Transatlantic that I liked.  Then, I look at the cruise before and after the Transatlantic.  I've done this several times, and it makes for a wonderful long cruise experience.

Once we flew to Europe, did that last Med cruise (I think it might have been the Splendour), Transatlantic, and a great Caribbean cruise.  

I also like repositioning cruises, because they have unusual itineraries.

If you want an eclectic mix of ports, you may have to string together cruises on the same ship.

9 hours ago, pcur said:

What I have done in the past is to start with a Transatlantic that I liked.  Then, I look at the cruise before and after the Transatlantic.  I've done this several times, and it makes for a wonderful long cruise experience.

Once we flew to Europe, did that last Med cruise (I think it might have been the Splendour), Transatlantic, and a great Caribbean cruise.  

I also like repositioning cruises, because they have unusual itineraries.

If you want an eclectic mix of ports, you may have to string together cruises on the same ship.

Thanks, this was just an example.  I guess there isn't anything out there that's this flexible but I wanted to be sure I wasn't missing something.  Ideally it would be able to specify multiple specific stops and exclude others.  At least I've found a couple of things on my own and through suggestions here that will help some so the question was helpful and I appreciate the responses, thanks all.  

2 hours ago, DeanD said:

Thanks, this was just an example.  I guess there isn't anything out there that's this flexible but I wanted to be sure I wasn't missing something.  Ideally it would be able to specify multiple specific stops and exclude others.  At least I've found a couple of things on my own and through suggestions here that will help some so the question was helpful and I appreciate the responses, thanks all.  

I knew your post above was hypothetical, and I think the only way to get a true mix of ports is with repositioning cruises plus looking at before and/or after. 

1 minute ago, pcur said:

I knew your post above was hypothetical, and I think the only way to get a true mix of ports is with repositioning cruises plus looking at before and/or after. 

Thanks, I'm further ahead than I was before I asked the question and I'm truly appreciative for all who responded.  Fortunately I have a wonderful TA who's a bulldog but I don't want to depend just on her recommendations plus I'm sure she has enough work to do without the back and forth this would require.  

1 minute ago, DeanD said:

Thanks, I'm further ahead than I was before I asked the question and I'm truly appreciative for all who responded.  Fortunately I have a wonderful TA who's a bulldog but I don't want to depend just on her recommendations plus I'm sure she has enough work to do without the back and forth this would require.  

Excellent point.  I do all my own research, so when I contact Big Box I know the cost and the cabin I want.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, pcur said:

Excellent point.  I do all my own research, so when I contact Big Box I know the cost and the cabin I want.

I do miss ***** though, it was great for following prices.  There's no way I could have kept up with all these back and forth issues on the FCC and RCL consistently not getting it.  I got burned years ago on a Disney Cruise where the TA (AAA) changed our cabin (which we'd picked specifically) without our knowledge or agreement simply because I asked what would be involved if my daughter wanted to go with us.  

2 minutes ago, DeanD said:

I do miss ***** though, it was great for following prices.  There's no way I could have kept up with all these back and forth issues on the FCC and RCL consistently not getting it.  I got burned years ago on a Disney Cruise where the TA (AAA) changed our cabin (which we'd picked specifically) without our knowledge or agreement simply because I asked what would be involved if my daughter wanted to go with us.  

Bummer..........................

3 minutes ago, pcur said:

Bummer..........................

Third world problem certainly.  The only time I've been "upgraded" was on a 3 day RCL from inside to Ocean View but it wasn't truly an upgrade, lateral at best.  Then again I'm that guy that the bank always messes up their account.  A pessimist is an optimist with experience.

1 minute ago, DeanD said:

Third world problem certainly.  The only time I've been "upgraded" was on a 3 day RCL from inside to Ocean View but it wasn't truly an upgrade, lateral at best.  Then again I'm that guy that the bank always messes up their account.  A pessimist is an optimist with experience.

We prefer to say, "You are a bird of paradise up-your-nose kind of guy".........................