Recent Sky Princess Eastern Caribbean Clock Question

ColoradoMom!!

I'm sorry!  I have googled and searched, and just want peace of mind as I am leaving in a few days. 

Does the Sky move it's clocks ahead one hour to what would be considered Atlantic Standard time, and if so, when?  

I have a private tour in St. Marteen that wants a definite answer today.  He doesn't trust the posted port times.

Thanks! 

PS our excursion is before DST switch on March 13 - so that doesn't come into play.

32 minutes ago, ColoradoMom!! said:

I'm sorry!  I have googled and searched, and just want peace of mind as I am leaving in a few days. 

Does the Sky move it's clocks ahead one hour to what would be considered Atlantic Standard time, and if so, when?  

I have a private tour in St. Marteen that wants a definite answer today.  He doesn't trust the posted port times.

Thanks! 

PS our excursion is before DST switch on March 13 - so that doesn't come into play.

We turned our clocks ahead a couple of days in. (Sky January 22 sailing) 

Janet

16 minutes ago, sun&sea said:

We turned our clocks ahead a couple of days in. (Sky January 22 sailing) 

Janet

Thank you so much !!  OK - now he is asking if the all aboard time is earlier - hmmmm didn't think about that

Edited by ColoradoMom!!

We were on the Sky Princess departing February 5 2022.  Attached are the announcements of the time changes (upper right-hand corner).  

But we didn't stop at St Maarten so your times possibly could be different.  (Our stops were Ft Lauderdale, Princess Cays, Nassau, at sea, Amber Cove, at sea and Ft Lauderdale.)  

001.jpg

002.jpg

• Like 1

Every Princess Caribbean cruise I  have been on, and there are lots & lots  Princess have changed ship's time to match local time. So arrival and departure times are St. Maarten local times. Ship clocks will be moved 1 hour forward before you arrive.

6 minutes ago, ColoradoMom!! said:

Thanks!  Looks like all aboard is 1/2 hour earlier than departure posted on itinerary  - good to know!

Yes. All aboard time is always 30 minutes before sailing time posted on the itinerary. At every port there is a sign posted on the gangway which states all aboard time 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Potstech said:

I wonder why this tour operator does not know this kind of information?  Seems like any operator would be familiar with operations of visiting cruise ships.  Would make me leery of this business. 

You know, I kind of was wondering the same thing - but this was the #2 highest rated 1/2 day tour co. on TripAdvisor, and 1,610 positive reviews.  I won't name the provider, but they work out of the dive shop on front street if anyone is curious.   Shouldn't be too hard to figure out  - ocean color bubbles

Edited by ColoradoMom!!