Live Inaugural Cruising Review Wonder of the Seas 3/4/2022 - 3/11/2022 Plenty of Pictures!

2 hours ago, FionaMG said:

When is this for Benny? What's the schedule?

There's a company called International Friends that's often recommended over on the British Isles board that does some excursions which offer both. If you want to take a look, their website is here: https://www.internationalfriends.co.uk/

Look under the "Small and Friendly Day Trips" and "Shore Excursions and Transfers" tabs. Maybe something there will work for you.

The UK virtual cruise starts 6/3 on NCL!  Thank you for the link, I will go check it out.

BED7D38E-27D7-4D80-A094-5C5333301F96.png

• Like 3

Day 7 CoCoCay

I had to get up early this morning for my Covid test.  Fun fun fun!  Dinning room deck 4 was the location.  Lots of kids with parents waiting to be tested too.  They really don’t go far into the nose like they do in NJ.  It was at the base of the nose at best.  Now I wait for the result so I can board the Symphony!

7CF39F8E-52AC-4A09-AE27-8CA0BA8F2450.jpeg

5491DEAD-24C5-4954-B6EC-002CCA570C7C.jpeg

8A082E67-C89E-4C7C-903A-FC613BB8CFF9.jpeg

20 minutes ago, BennyBrun said:

The UK virtual cruise starts 6/3 on NCL!  Thank you for the link, I will go check it out.

BED7D38E-27D7-4D80-A094-5C5333301F96.png

Nice! I will have to try and remember to tune into the NCL board then. I have never sailed with them so I don't often go over there.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, BennyBrun said:

Day 7 CoCoCay

I had to get up early this morning for my Covid test.  Fun fun fun!  Dinning room deck 4 was the location.  Lots of kids with parents waiting to be tested too.  They really don’t go far into the nose like they do in NJ.  It was at the base of the nose at best.  Now I wait for the result so I can board the Symphony!

7CF39F8E-52AC-4A09-AE27-8CA0BA8F2450.jpeg

5491DEAD-24C5-4954-B6EC-002CCA570C7C.jpeg

8A082E67-C89E-4C7C-903A-FC613BB8CFF9.jpeg

So you were able to set up a Covid Test on Wonder for Symphony even though it's not a true B2B? Did you have to get a special permission to have that done? Meaning you could have had your test on the 11th somewhere once you are off Wonder?

What hotel do you have booked in between cruises in Ft. Lauderdale?

20 hours ago, island lady said:

Varies from ship to ship.   Odyssey was 6:30.  

RCI:  Really Consistently Inconsistent.  😉 

Thanks for all this wonderful info.  Have you heard anything about the passenger capacity?

5 minutes ago, FionaMG said:

Nice! I will have to try and remember to tune into the NCL board then. I have never sailed with them so I don't often go over there.

I am slowly sailing away from them lol… I try everything and I don’t just follow a brand but after trying Royal/Carnival Mardi Gras/ Celebrity I am not a fan of NCL and their marketing techniques.  The hard product onboard feels cheap and the food ingredients at the buffet / MDR is cheapest ingredients they can find.  You really do get what you pay for.

13 hours ago, davekathy said:

I was referring to our experiences with everything associated with the MDR. 

It's hit and miss for us.  Sometimes good food and great service...sometimes not so much.  Sometimes a quieter corner...but seems lately to be so loud in there...no matter when we go.  Must just be hitting it wrong lately.  

Will mix it up on EX later this month.  🙂 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

So you were able to set up a Covid Test on Wonder for Symphony even though it's not a true B2B? Did you have to get a special permission to have that done? Meaning you could have had your test on the 11th somewhere once you are off Wonder?

What hotel do you have booked in between cruises in Ft. Lauderdale?

According to Royals website, your cruise must be within 3 days so they can test you.  No special permission needed.  When I set up my reservation they double checked and noted the reservation.  Royal being inconsistent, I stopped by guest services to make sure and of course they had no record of it, so they manually input the information and told me to expect a letter.  Of course no letter showed up 2 days before testing day(I expected that) so I called guest services again and they followed up and a letter was delivered last night and I test today.  The information you get on the phone sometimes does not match the ship.  When the phone people say the ship will automatically… that’s when you worry 😂  

Symphony leaves from Miami.  I am taking their airport transfer tomorrow to MIA $29.95 PP and then staying at the dependable Fairfield Inn Suites in West Doral airport next to the AC.  I stayed at the AC last time but I figure I will try another hotel.  Both have free airport shuttle pick up so I will jump from one shuttle to the next.

• Like 1

Day 7 CocoCay

I am clear to board the Symphony!  I tested at 8:32 AM by 9AM my test result was posted.  Quick quick quick!  Now I will have guest services print me a copy so I have a backup for the terminal person.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, nautica12 said:

Thanks for all this wonderful info.  Have you heard anything about the passenger capacity?

Was on Odyssey last month.  This month it is B2B on EX.  No idea yet what that capacity is.  But looks like the first leg (3/20) is sold out.  RCI dropped the pricing dramatically last week to fill the ship.  

20 minutes ago, truffles2 said:

If you get a chance, ask your head waiter or waiter….because somewhere in the kitchen area is a total pax count (also broken  down as to adults, kids, etc.)

I'm a little worried here, after adults, kids.....................who is etc. made up of??

• Haha 6

38 minutes ago, Longhorn Cruiser said:

We first saw Simeon playing piano in the Schooner Bar.  He was amazing.   Very talented.

Wow… what else does he do?  Does he also cook for the Windjammer?  That man is very talented!

I vote for Bath also.  You will love.  BTW, you veteran cruisers probably know this but I just realized:  the reason for the double wide in a section of CPB staterooms is that it backs to an inside room.  Good score for those who know about it.

We are on Wonder in 11734 ATS in March 2023.  We booked our teens in the OVB next door: 11732.  Does anyone know if that door can open between ATS and OVB?  

Thank you!  cannot wait to see your pix of Coco Cay

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, sf49er said:

I vote for Bath also.  You will love.  BTW, you veteran cruisers probably know this but I just realized:  the reason for the double wide in a section of CPB staterooms is that it backs to an inside room.  Good score for those who know about it.

We are on Wonder in 11734 ATS in March 2023.  We booked our teens in the OVB next door: 11732.  Does anyone know if that door can open between ATS and OVB?  

Thank you!  cannot wait to see your pix of Coco Cay

Make sure you check back next week on my next virtual cruise to see if you can spot any changes to CocoCay 😂 … I suspect and hope that it will be the water temperature that will be changing.

6 minutes ago, PaulS said:

Benny:

We are staying at the Fairfield Inn before our cruise on the Explorer in May. I hope you will post about your experience there.

Thanks

Of course I will post about it.  It will be on the Live Symphony thread.  I do know that the airport shuttle runs until 7 PM only.  Not sure if that matters to you.  Enjoy your cruise.

16 hours ago, davekathy said:

I was referring to our experiences with everything associated with the MDR. 

yes but you kind of implied that I or others are giving the staff a hard time.

No so, but their MDR menus and ultimate results of what shows up is more and more disappointing.

Of course I know how to be nice to the staff.

2 hours ago, BennyBrun said:

Day 7 CocoCay

I am clear to board the Symphony!  I tested at 8:32 AM by 9AM my test result was posted.  Quick quick quick!  Now I will have guest services print me a copy so I have a backup for the terminal person.

excellent.  will be fun to hear how you compare the two.

Also will be interesting if SOS has brought back their broadway show.

• Like 1