Vibe Beach Club on Breakaway recently

Rick-n-Lisa

I tried searching and found nothing recent. Anyone recently (last 6 months maybe) done the Vibe Beach Club on the Breakway?  Just curious of current pricing, one site I saw $99 day/per person and another showed $209/week for cabana, assuming per person…

and I’m curious if they sell out quickly on boarding day.   It’s our anniversary, just did a Royal Caribbean cruise a month ago and the chair hogs were out in full force!  We love sea days and try to spend as much time as we can on the deck sunning, reading, drinking so would be a good investment I think for us but I don’t want to stress out about being first on the ship to get in line for this lol.

Any experiences with this you can share is greatly appreciated!

• Like 1

Wife and I had Vibe passes in December on the Breakaway.  Pricing was $209 for the week.  That did not include a cabana.  I think the cabana was about $200 more for the week.  Our sailing was pretty low capacity so there was no rush to get the passes.  I believe the Vibe on Breakaway holds around 100 people.  The bartender told us that only 34 passes had been sold for the week.  I thought it was well worth the cost even with the lower passenger count on the ship.  Met some really nice people and it was nice to have a place we knew we could always go and have a seat at the bar or a nice lounger for relaxing.

• Thanks 1

Are there any hot tubs in vibe on the Breakaway like there are in the Escape?  What about on the public deck on the other side of vibe?  The deck plans don’t show any, but I thought I saw some pictures somewhere.

10 hours ago, darius427 said:

Wife and I had Vibe passes in December on the Breakaway.  Pricing was $209 for the week.  That did not include a cabana.  I think the cabana was about $200 more for the week.  Our sailing was pretty low capacity so there was no rush to get the passes.  I believe the Vibe on Breakaway holds around 100 people.  The bartender told us that only 34 passes had been sold for the week.  I thought it was well worth the cost even with the lower passenger count on the ship.  Met some really nice people and it was nice to have a place we knew we could always go and have a seat at the bar or a nice lounger for relaxing.

Was that per person or total?

Thank you!

• Like 1

On 3/9/2022 at 9:35 AM, Hmmcminn said:

Are there any hot tubs in vibe on the Breakaway like there are in the Escape?  What about on the public deck on the other side of vibe?  The deck plans don’t show any, but I thought I saw some pictures somewhere.

Yes, there are (2) hot tubs in the Vibe area on Breakaway.  They are right next to each other about 10 yards from the bar and overlook the side of the ship.  However, there are no hot tubs on the public side of that deck.

• Thanks 1

Hi, we are new to Norwegian, and are looking at a New England/Canada cruise in August, and are looking for a nice quiet place to watch the ocean go by.   I am confused as to the pricing for the Vibe and Cabanas.  Is it A total of $409 per person, for entrance to the Vibe Plus a Cabana, so a total of $818. For the week?

• 1 month later...

This is where being Platinum or greater status comes in handy for first on boarding, it’s like the Amazing Race (tv show) to get to wherever they sell the passes. They go FAST!! Like Super Fast. 

Poor Man’s Haven on a BA class is Vibe Passes and the Thermal Spa with specialty Dining for 7ni. When the cost of Haven is $$,$$$+ for two, yeah I go this route. 

Edited by BoundForSea
  • Like 1

On 3/8/2022 at 1:31 PM, Rick-n-Lisa said:

I tried searching and found nothing recent. Anyone recently (last 6 months maybe) done the Vibe Beach Club on the Breakway?  Just curious of current pricing, one site I saw $99 day/per person and another showed $209/week for cabana, assuming per person…

and I’m curious if they sell out quickly on boarding day.   It’s our anniversary, just did a Royal Caribbean cruise a month ago and the chair hogs were out in full force!  We love sea days and try to spend as much time as we can on the deck sunning, reading, drinking so would be a good investment I think for us but I don’t want to stress out about being first on the ship to get in line for this lol.

Any experiences with this you can share is greatly appreciated!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

On 3/17/2022 at 7:31 PM, Yodalicious said:

Hi, we are new to Norwegian, and are looking at a New England/Canada cruise in August, and are looking for a nice quiet place to watch the ocean go by.   I am confused as to the pricing for the Vibe and Cabanas.  Is it A total of $409 per person, for entrance to the Vibe Plus a Cabana, so a total of $818. For the week?

$209 person which does not include a cabana.  I forgot how much cabanas cost.  

• Like 1

It is 209/cruise for a 7 day (per person).  If you’re someone who enjoys typically enjoys sitting out on the lido deck to relax, the vibe pass is very worth it.  However, that statement is why I generally avoid the breakaway/breakaway+ class ships.  They are huuuge ships, yet provide very little outdoor space for people to actually (comfortably) hang out.  I’m really looking forward to getting a chance to sail on one of the new Leonardo class ships for this very reason (deck space aplently like the smaller gem class ships).

anyway, unless you have kiddos who love all the extras of the larger ships, by the time you pay 4-800 dollars more for access to the vibe, you may as well have just gone with a premium line (celebrity, princess, or Oceania if you wanna stay in the NCL family).  You end up paying roughly the same without all the nickel and diming (and praying that you actually get a pass).  Just my two cents though.

• Like 1

My hubby and I are going on a Med cruise on Escape June 10-20.  I am also looking at the Vibe Beach Club.  Our cruise is 10 days.  Can someone tell me how much they would charge for a 10 day cruise?  No cabana.  Thanks!

On 4/24/2022 at 1:23 AM, AussieKathy said:

It's not a very big area! I was expecting it to be a bit more spacious 

My wife and I have been in Vibe once on the BA and twice on the Escape. I think the most amount of people I've ever seen is 30-35. Never have I seen it crowded. On sea days we would spend 5-6 hours there

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cmecruise1962 said:

But where do we go to get the passes?  Puh-leeeeze!!!

When we did Vibe on this ship and Getaway, it was by guest services, someone there had a stack of tickets and would hand them out to whoever got there first. You then had to wait in the line to pay for the tickets and you'd get your Vibe key card. 

This was pre-pandemic, so can't guarantee it's still there but that's the last place I know it was. 

10 hours ago, rino002 said:

with the cruise ships sailing at 40 50% capacity right now, it may not be worth it to get the vibe pass??

Maybe not..... but the lounge chairs in the Vibe are so much more comfortable

• Like 1

I was just in the breakaway Vibe 2 weeks ago. Passes were in the comedy club. Even at not full capacity the main deck and pool were packed so Vibe was worth it. Bartender was great, he was on his last cruise of a 8 month contract so he was having fun. 

Edited by kodos
  • Like 2