Air2Sea phone support is a joke!

I've been trying to call Air2Sea for 3 days and haven't been able to get through yet. I've spent over 2 hours on hold today alone. They need to have other options like allowing changes online or even online chat.

What a joke! Maybe I'll set my alarm for 3 a.m. and try calling again. 🤬

I booked flights using Air2Sea once and wouldn't again. The benefits, imo, aren't worth the long wait times for customer service when needed.

It's better to independently book flights arriving the day before embarkation.

• Like 1

It's ridiculous that we can't continue to shop online for the flights once we are booked.  I'm shopping for the best price for Transatlantic flights so am flexible on cities and dates.  Any query takes a call and at least 45 minutes on the phone with the rep (if you can understand them through the breaking up) to do something we could do in seconds.  The Princess system is awesome.  Once booked, you can keep checking online and even change the flights when you want.

• Like 2

I will be the contradicting voice in this in that our experience has been just the opposite with very knowledgeable and courteous agents who were available when we called.  

That being said, we have not used them recently, and I know that RCI (among others) have had staffing issues in many service departments in recent months and your experiences would indicate the fallout from that.  However, I am optimistic that these issues are short term and things will return to normal sooner than later. 

We have used them extensively since the program was introduced with good success. You can also manage the process on line. To us, the benefits of flight flexibility with changes, pricing, no cancelation penalties and no payment due  until cruise final payment are positive and well worth using them.

Hopefully the current issues will get resolved.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

4 minutes ago, leaveitallbehind said:

We have used them extensively since the program was introduced with good success. You can also manage the process on line. To us, the benefits of flight flexibility with changes, pricing, no cancelation penalties and no payment due  until cruise final payment are positive and well worth using them.

Please enlighten me on how to manage the process online.  Once I booked the flights, I am locked out of any type of query.  You can browse, but this gives you no ability to change flyin cities or dates.

I do not think the ability to manage flights on line exists anymore.  I booked my flights and cannot do ANYTHING to them on line, even before I paid them off and had them ticketed early.

I'm saving crap tons of cash booking through the cruise line (Celebrity technically) and my hold times have rarely been longer than 30-45 minutes.  Granted, I only called maybe 3 times.

YMMV and caveat emptor but I agree, it would be nice if the ability to manage your flights on line would return. Princess/HAL/Cunard offer that ability and it's wonderful.

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, Native Floridian 26 said:

Please enlighten me on how to manage the process online.  Once I booked the flights, I am locked out of any type of query.  You can browse, but this gives you no ability to change flyin cities or dates.

Perhaps that too has changed - again it has been since pre-pandemic that I have used them.  Sorry if my info regarding that is dated.  If you use a TA they may be able to help.  

But I certainly agree the the extended hold times are very frustrating.

35 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

There's been an overhaul of the site since then.

...which I would not have likely seen anyway as I typically have placed and managed my Air2Sea reservations through the agents over the phone - which is the obvious current source of frustration evidenced on this thread.

Thanks for the update!

Edited by leaveitallbehind

Air2Sea is a huge pain in the butt.  I made reservations last night for a July 31 2022 cruise.  We are arriving a few days early.  You used to be able to put that in the online site and check it all out.  But, now online flights searches are only arrival of cruise.  So, I called.  After much ado, poor English, several times saying I could not hear him [put me on hold and renewed connection] he booked the wrong day.!!!  I have a flight on July 26 rather than July 27. 

He gave me a United Air booking number--but, it only connect to the outbound flight, not inbound, and I never got an invoice for the flights.  Ugh.  1hr and 50 minutes last night and two calls. today.  I finally sent an email.  The only good news is they have 4 months to get it straight.  I am not sure it was worth the less than $100 we saved.  

We have used Air2Sea several times and it was very good.  But, you can't search as you used to and if there is a problem you can not get to anyone to solve it.  

Edited by DragonOfTheSeas

• 4 weeks later...

Agreed! The airline switched our flight to an 11:30 am flight, then scattered my 3 and 6 year old all over the plane. I call air2sea and they say there is nothing they can do but I should be fine on the flight time. I call the airlines and they can't do anything because I booked through a travel agent. 🤬 I wish whoever gets to sit next to my kids luck on the 10 hour transatlantic flight that air2sea and American don't want to help me with! Does that count as free babysitting?