Specialty restaurants Wonder of the Seas?

linga

There aren't any available dining times for most of the specialty restaurants on the Royal website for my upcoming Wonder of the Seas cruise.  Does anyone know whether there are a few times that might be available once on ship?  I was looking forward to trying Mason Jar and a couple of others, but they are all sold out for lunch & dinner.   Disappointing... 

I don't know about Wonder but on a recent sailing on another ship, all was booked for the time I wanted in a specialty restaurant -- once onboard I was able to make the reservation at my desired time. I'm not sure if it was due to a cancellation or if there is more flexibility once on the ship.

Also, there were many YouTube vloggers on last week's maiden Wonder sailing and I saw a video of a vlogger who did not have reservations for The Mason Jar but he was able to get squeezed in even though the restaurant was fully booked -- don't know if he had connections or not but he got in. It never hurts to ask once onboard -- you never know. 

1 minute ago, livingonthebeach said:

I don't know about Wonder but on a recent sailing on another ship, all was booked for the time I wanted in a specialty restaurant -- once onboard I was able to make the reservation at my desired time. I'm not sure if it was due to a cancellation or if there is more flexibility once on the ship.

Also, there were many YouTube vloggers on last week's maiden Wonder sailing and I saw a video of a vlogger who did not have reservations for The Mason Jar but he was able to get squeezed in even though the restaurant was fully booked -- don't know if he had connections or not but he got in. It never hurts to ask once onboard -- you never know. 

Thanks!  That gives me a little hope!  🙂

I had the same issue when I was looking at the Cruise Planner / app - nothing was available to book, but once I was on the ship I was able to get in to any of the specialty restaurants I wanted to - I did Mason Jar, Izumi (sushi, not hibachi), Giovanni’s and 150 Central Park… Another thing about the Mason Jar, if you do have trouble getting in for brunch or dinner, they offer a-la-carte selections from the menu at the bar area later in the evening. Not a bad way to try out the food if you can’t get in during a meal time, or don’t want to commit to the cover charge. Giovanni’s wine bar also does something similar.

• Like 1