Norway cruise in June WHAT TO PACK

June Weather in Bergen Norway. Daily high temperatures increase by 3°F, from 58°F to 61°F, rarely falling below 50°F or exceeding 70°F. Daily low temperatures increase by 4°F, from 45°F to 49°F, rarely falling below 39°F or exceeding 54°F.

From https://en.visitbergen.com/things-to-do/tours/fjord-tours/weather-in-the-norwegian-fjords

Summer - plan for both sun and rain

• The coastal areas of Norway are known for frequent precipitation. That does not mean you need to bring a Sou’wester (although their yellow raincoat counterparts are quite trendy!), but a good quality raincoat is a must.
  • While we do recommend bringing a comfy sweater and a light wind jacket for the occasional breeze, summer in Bergen tends to offer temperatures pleasant enough even for a dip in the sea. 
  • Don’t forget non-wearables! With light clothing items such as shorts, skirts and t-shirts being your regular packing must-haves, a good camera might be what you’d appreciate the most.
  • Leave your crocs at home – if you’re planning on going hiking to see the fjords, you need a pair of sturdy, yet comfortable hiking boots. 
  • Like 1

Sea42 is answering your question very well, however in addition to it being Norway in June, it is also necessary that you state where in Norway.  There is a very big difference between Bergen, Tromsø and Honningsvåg.  The right clothes are important - layers of clothing and expect it to rain.  Still Snow in the mountains.
I have seen many cruise guests who have packed a suitcase for a Caribbean cruise - it does not quite fit in Norway.

• Like 1

Agree about a good quality rain jacket! The weather in Norway lived up to its reputation when we did our cruise at the beginning of July. I have never seen rain like it, the day we were in Bergen ( that’s saying something as we’re from Scotland) but we didn’t let it spoil our fun. Saying that, we had beautiful weather in Alesund , which was my favourite port. We did a hike and most of the locals were in shorts. I’d say it was in low 60’s. Temperature is relative - if you normally live somewhere quite hot, you won’t need shorts in Norway. While we thought the temperatures were pleasant and similar to our Scottish summer, there were Americans on our cruise in winter coats and woolly hats. To summarise weather is unpredictable from day to day but waterproof shoes, rain jacket and quick dry trousers are essential. Enjoy your cruise, Norway is amazing.

• Like 3

On my Land of the Midnight Sun cruise in June 2019 the prior weather forecast was for cool temperatures (mid teens C°) and rain. We packed layers, gloves, beanies and a good rain jacket. Our weather turned out to be mostly fine with only a couple of overcast days with occasional light rain in Tromso and Lofoten Islands. We had sunny days elsewhere and at Geiranger and Trondheim were in T'shirts in the middle of the day. We only wore our gloves and beanies once when at North Cape and used our rain jackets more for the wind which was a bit brisk at times. Layers were the key to cover all eventualities so we could add or subtract depending on the weather which could be very changeable throughout the day. It was also quite cool in the early mornings when on deck to watch the sail in to the fjords.

• Like 1

I wrote a lengthy post yesterday, but it did not post. It was marked "hidden" and would need to be reviewed. I have no idea why. I've never had any issues with any of my posts.

It is GONE now, so everything I typed is lost. 

This post went through fine.

Edited by let's go cruising
Add information

6 hours ago, let's go cruising said:

I wrote a lengthy post yesterday, but it did not post. It was marked "hidden" and would need to be reviewed. I have no idea why. I've never had any issues with any of my posts.

That can happen because some word or words in your post, or something you may have named, automatically triggered a review. Usually the post is innocuous and will be approved. Sorry you lost your work! 

1 hour ago, Turtles06 said:

That can happen because some word or words in your post, or something you may have named, automatically triggered a review. Usually the post is innocuous and will be approved. Sorry you lost your work! 

I honestly have no idea. I said what ports we were going to and what we would be doing. 

I feel like I'm getting a handle on what to wear off the ship and even during the day. We have a travel trailer and camp in State/National Parks, so Norway is right up our alley. We love birding. In fact, in early May we will be spending a couple of weeks camping/birding along Lake Erie in Northwest Ohio . That should prepare us for what to wear in Norway in June.

HOWEVER, What are people's thoughts/experiences on evening wear? 

We (56F and 58M) are interested in packing light (like Rick Steves) because we will have so many transfers in England. Has anyone packed like that for a cruise? Dinner clothes in the Caribbean wouldn't be so daunting because we have cruised there many times. We've never cruised in a cold(er) climate. 

I LOVE thinking about and planning travel.

3 minutes ago, let's go cruising said:

I LOVE thinking about and planning travel.

You still need to list the ports you call at to get the best guidelines - large differences between Bergen, Tromsø or Honningsvåg in June.

Thank you - this is in the southern part of Norway.
Layers of clothing is the answer to your question - rain and windproof outer layers - it can be cold in the morning when you are on the upper decks to follow the entrance through the deep fjords or into the mountains.  Expect 50% days of rain - but it can be periods of mostly rain or mostly sun.
 The temperature will be between 55 ° F to 59 ° F rarely below 50 ° F or exceed 70 ° F
 Sunrise is around 4:00 am and sunset 11:30 pm - varies 30 minutes depending on time of month.

Edited by hallasm
  • Like 1