True cabin availability

Doing some fake bookings to see about potential upgrades that may interest me (for a cruise I'm booked for, past final payment), I was seeing just two or three balcony cabins available, when entering 2 when it asks how many guests.  On a whim I went back and entered 1 guest, and it suddenly showed a half dozen cabins in the same category and section of ship (and not, of course, single-occupancy cabins).  That's pretty weird.  Any ideas as to why?

Edited by SetAnOpenCourse

8 minutes ago, SetAnOpenCourse said:

Doing some fake bookings to see about potential upgrades that may interest me (for a cruise I'm booked for, past final payment), I was seeing just two or three balcony cabins available, when entering 2 when it asks how many guests.  On a whim I went back and entered 1 guest, and it suddenly showed a half dozen cabins in the same category and section of ship (and not, of course, single-occupancy cabins).  That's pretty weird.  Any ideas as to why?

You need a TA. They can see all open cabins.

6 minutes ago, fredmdcruisers said:

You need a TA. They can see all open cabins.

Thanks, I'll consider your advice although I don't know how to choose a TA.  I am still curious as to what's going on.  And of all the people booking on Royal's website, there must be many assuming that the cabin selections it shows reflect real availability.  So, regardless of whether I need a TA, I'm still curious about what's going on.

• Like 1

It seems the cruise line just shows what’s available according to some plan they have. There is a .com site that shows all available cabins in the cruise you’ve chosen. Of course one can’t mention it here. Wonder if I can give you some hints??  The first word rhymes with tea……and you know how some home printers are also a.   scanner.   Try putting those 10 letters together and you’ll get better information.   I use the site all the time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, ladysail2 said:

It seems the cruise line just shows what’s available according to some plan they have. There is a .com site that shows all available cabins in the cruise you’ve chosen. Of course one can’t mention it here. Wonder if I can give you some hints??  The first word rhymes with tea……and you know how some home printers are also a.   scanner.   Try putting those 10 letters together and you’ll get better information.   I use the site all the time.

Thank you!

13 minutes ago, ladysail2 said:

+1 and others.