Alaska Cruisetours - Land Segment First and COVID Testing

beg3yrs

Alaska Cruisetours will be starting in less than two months and I've seen nothing from Princess regarding pre-embarkation COVID testing for those booked with the land segment first. My assumption at this point is that if nothing else changes (and it probably will) between now and then is that Princess will have to test passengers while on the land segment. Yet, I've been unable to find anything confirming this.

Anyone have better information?

We are going in June, looks like Canada may be getting rid of the testing requirement but still require vaccinations.  My guess is vaccinations will still be required but they may get rid of the testing requirement.  But you’re right, I keep checking the Princess site and they have no updated information posted.

Just finished a Live Chat with Brian at Princess. He says not all details have been worked out regarding journeys involving Vancouver and that includes Cruisetours. His first suggestion for the land-first tour was to avail ourselves of day of embarkation testing provided by Princess at the dock, at our own expense of course. I pointed out that a Princess land tour followed by a sea segment was kind of like a back-to-back where the testing provided by Princess was complimentary. He said there were currently no plans to provide this as a complimentary service. Told him I wasn't confident that Princess would even have at-the-dock testing in Whittier. I also pointed out that while on a land tour it would be pretty much impossible to arrange for local testing in advance. A useful bit of information he did provide that one might procure a tele-health test kit and use it at one of the lodges within the time limit required for boarding.

For what it's worth, maybe nothing, I was told by Princess that the land tour should be treated as the start of embarkation and have the test done at home 3 days prior to land tour. She said, however, that  could change as the embarkation date approaches. I told her I'll check back in another month, and she said "good idea". Our land tour starts May 31.

Edited by travelbuds
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, travelbuds said:

For what it's worth, maybe nothing, I was told by Princess that the land tour should be treated as the start of embarkation and have the test done at home 3 days prior to land tour. She said, however, that  could change as the embarkation date approaches. I told her I'll check back in another month, and she said "good idea". Our land tour starts May 31.

That's the assumption we've been working under. Our cruisetour begins Saturday June 25th, so we plan to be tested that Wednesday or Thursday. Unless we hear something different from Princess in the interim, of course.