Scenic Rhone River Cruise

pete_coach

My friend and I gave our Wives Christmas presents of a 8 day Rhone River cruise in July. Nice to Lyon.  Idyllic Rhône with Lynn Crawford & Tommy Smythe  (FC C C 210722.2) from NC E to LYS

My Wife and I did Budapest to Amsterdam  on 1 BC (Before COVID). It was spectacular. Our proposed Druro River crusie was cancelled DC (During COVID)

I am unsure why Scenic starts the cruise in Nice as the ship is apparently docked in Tarascon , which is quite a ways away from Nice (250 kms away).

Seems the phones system is not working and no one answers at Scenic.

Anyway, has anyone done the Rhone River cruise?  Any tips or information is welcome.

I would assume that Nice is part of a pre-cruise extension. Cruise only would be Tarascone.

@pete_coachScenic had a major system outage over a month ago, and they are still recovering from it. See this thread

Edited by gnome12
  • Like 1

According to the Canadian brochure, you should be starting in Marseille, which would be the closest airport.

You say it's a special cruise with 2 Chef's, so maybe there is something set up in Nice to do with them?

Unfortunately, as gnome12 says, Scenic has had a major outage with their website, so hopefully you have the brochure you booked through to confirm why it starts in Nice, or you will have to wait for them to catch up with the sailings to help out.

I hope you all have a great cruise.

1 hour ago, Canal archive said:

According to the U.K. Scenic brochure Idyllic Rhône is Lyon to Tarascone and flights are Into Lyon and out of Marseille so maybe out of to Canada is via Nice but that does seem a tad far.

Yes, it does say that now but when we purchased the cruise we bought it as "Idyllic Rhône with Lynn Crawford & Tommy Smythe  (FC C C 210722.2) from NC E to LYS"  NCE is Nice.  We have that booking information.

We booked our flights to Nice (from Canada) using loyalty points so we had to book early because of limited loyalty seat availability..

As for their computer problems, it has been way over a month now and it goes to their phone system too. On hold for a long time then the line disconnects. No answers on email either, been waiting for over two weeks for a response.

7 hours ago, pete_coach said:

Yes, it does say that now but when we purchased the cruise we bought it as "Idyllic Rhône with Lynn Crawford & Tommy Smythe  (FC C C 210722.2) from NC E to LYS"  NCE is Nice.  We have that booking information.

We booked our flights to Nice (from Canada) using loyalty points so we had to book early because of limited loyalty seat availability..

As for their computer problems, it has been way over a month now and it goes to their phone system too. On hold for a long time then the line disconnects. No answers on email either, been waiting for over two weeks for a response.

Ditto here. Nada, niente, NOTHING! 

• Like 1