2022 - RCI shuttle Venice to Ravenna?

little britain

Are RCI offering a shuttle from VCE to Ravenna this year please?

If so, is it free ( 😆), how often does it run? Is it only limited to those who fly in day of cruise??

This information will help me decide whether to book a cruise or not. 
Thank you. 

You'll need to ask RCI but I seriously doubt it.  Folks who booked a cruise expecting to leave from Venice had an argument to make when the port was changed, those booking now know full well that the port is actually Ravenna.

They may offer a shuttle for a fee but only they can tell you that (Ravenna is about 90 miles from Venice).

Edited by euro cruiser

I am booked on RCL Brilliance of the Seas in July leaving from "Venice (Ravenna)".  I called RCL and specifically asked if there was shuttle from Venice to Ravenna.  The rep said no, and the said that cruise was leaving from Venice.  LOL. 

I THEN asked if RCL shows transportation available from Venice airport to the "port".  He said "Yes".  The cost was $45.  He also asked for a flight number, but said that the shuttle left from the Baggage Claim area (outside of security).  I asked him what were the shuttle times, and he said he had no information on that.

So, I signed up for the shuttle, but have pretty close to zero confidence on this method of getting to Ravenna.  Very frustrating!

• Like 1

I'm sure it is, but at least it's a good price.  On your own you'd need a taxi or a bus from the airport to the train station in Venice, then a taxi or a bus from the train station in Ravenna to the port.  Those two alone would add up to nearly the cost of the shuttle.  The train portion is another 15 - 40 euro, depending on the trains.

The Ravenna Port site speaks of a shuttle from Ravenna train station to the port.

I emailed to ask:

Their reply - Since the start of the pandemic many services have unfortunately been interrupted, including the service of a shuttle between Ravenna train station and the port. 

At present we have no new information as to whether this service has resumed. 

In the area directly in front of the train station there is an information point and a ticket office which is open Monday through Saturday (can also be closed on public holidays). Our recommendation is that you inquire on your day of arrival if there are any shuttle buses travelling to the port. If the service is still unavailable, there are taxis at the station. The journey time is around 30 minutes depending upon traffic and will most likely cost you around 50 euros. 

We are hoping for more information very soon and will certainly update our information as quickly as possible. Yes, with the summer cruise season starting soon and the big move of cruise ships out of Ravenna instead of Venice, we do expect to see more and more services to be put in place by the town or Ravenna for cruise guests.

• Like 2

I would expect that the shuttle from the Ravenna train station to the port will be up and running as soon as the cruise traffic picks up, but you'd need to be prepared to pay for the taxi or brave the public bus.  The public bus really isn't difficult but it can be intimidating when you're new to a place and (presumably) don't speak the language.

#90 is the public bus, here is the current schedule:  RA_Linea_90.pdf (startromagna.it)

Edited by euro cruiser

Here's one you can book with directly:  Venice to Ravenna cruise terminal » Pantarei Chauffeur service

And here's another one:  Transfer to Ravenna port - Chauffeur service in Venice and Treviso (trevisocarservice.com)

I always try to book directly with a service provider if possible, rather than through a booking agency.  It may be false hope but I think I have a better shot at getting help if needed when I deal directly.

Edited by euro cruiser
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, little britain said:

I’ll answer my own question!

RCI shuttles from VCE are $45pp one way/$90pp return which is £69

Do you know shuttle times from VCE to Ravenna port?  Also, did they say you had to be on a flight to get on the shuttle (vs just showing up at the airport for the shuttle)?  Thanks

On 4/6/2022 at 9:27 AM, Pushkin said:

Do you know shuttle times from VCE to Ravenna port?  Also, did they say you had to be on a flight to get on the shuttle (vs just showing up at the airport for the shuttle)?  Thanks

I am following this thread.  We plan on staying in Venice for a couple of nights prior so would potentially be getting a cab back to the airport to pick up the shuttle to Ravenna. 

20 hours ago, TMaine said:

I am following this thread.  We plan on staying in Venice for a couple of nights prior so would potentially be getting a cab back to the airport to pick up the shuttle to Ravenna. 

That's what I was thinking as well. My trip isn't until July so, hopefully, others will post about their experiences with the shuttle in the next few months.  I cannot think of any reason to only offer this service only to people who fly in on the morning of the cruise.

3 hours ago, Pushkin said:

That's what I was thinking as well. My trip isn't until July so, hopefully, others will post about their experiences with the shuttle in the next few months.  I cannot think of any reason to only offer this service only to people who fly in on the morning of the cruise.

Right, I know that the shuttles in Rome pick up at several hotels.

• Like 1

On 4/8/2022 at 3:33 PM, TMaine said:

Just catch the blue airport bus from Piazzale Roma back to the airport. Cheaper than a taxi! 

• Like 1

On 4/6/2022 at 2:27 PM, Pushkin said:

I am waiting for the answer to this and other questions! 

We are looking for a shuttle from the port to Venice when the cruise is over.  We are staying in Venice and flying out the next morning.  RC said we could take their shuttle, which only drops off at the airport - $45pp.  But since we don't have a flight that day, the shuttle isn't until 12:15.  So we're looking at other options because (1) what are we supposed to do all morning at the port waiting for the shuttle? we are spending time in Ravenna before the cruise, so I don't want to be just waiting around at the port and (2) we have very limited time in Venice as it is and between the late transfer and getting from the airport to the Venice, we wouldn't get into the city until after 4.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, BuckeyeCruisejunkie said:

We are looking for a shuttle from the port to Venice when the cruise is over.  We are staying in Venice and flying out the next morning.  RC said we could take their shuttle, which only drops off at the airport - $45pp.  But since we don't have a flight that day, the shuttle isn't until 12:15.  So we're looking at other options because (1) what are we supposed to do all morning at the port waiting for the shuttle? we are spending time in Ravenna before the cruise, so I don't want to be just waiting around at the port and (2) we have very limited time in Venice as it is and between the late transfer and getting from the airport to the Venice, we wouldn't get into the city until after 4.

It sounds like RC won't let you take an earlier shuttle because you aren't flying out on the same day as the cruise arrives in port?  But people with same-day flights are permitted on earlier shuttles?

What if you pretended you were leaving that same day?  I don't think RC would ask to see your tickets, but you could look up flight numbers/times and tell them you need to get to Venice airport that day for a flight.  Then once delivered to the airport you could go wherever you wanted.

Edited by MeHeartCruising
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, BuckeyeCruisejunkie said:

Are you sure they didn’t mean that the shuttle arrives at VCE by 12:15?   
I can’t see them having you hanging around the ship until that time. 
I would call again to check! 

9 minutes ago, little britain said:

Are you sure they didn’t mean that the shuttle arrives at VCE by 12:15?   
I can’t see them having you hanging around the ship until that time. 
I would call again to check! 

I repeated it back to them to be sure.  They said earlier shuttles are for those on same day flights. My guess is that later passengers are getting on a shuttle that has dropped off embarking passengers.

1 minute ago, BuckeyeCruisejunkie said:

I repeated it back to them to be sure.  They said earlier shuttles are for those on same day flights. My guess is that later passengers are getting on a shuttle that has dropped off embarking passengers.

Then I’d make up an earlier flight 🤥🤭 !! 
Or catch the train. 

We booked a transfer to the port with royal but lied about the flight arriving in the morning. I told the advisor I was doing this and they said they just need the information to put it in there booking form so found a flight that arrives on Sunday morning.

Want to get the train #Teamchoochoo back (it will be the local one Farrera.) so following this for your shuttle updates @LIttlebritain

Someone in our cruise call recommended an app -GetTransfer.com for the best price between Venice and the cruise port. This is the only app that I have found out of rome2rio/hoppa/Uber/anything else on google! that was able to quote me a price for cruise port to Ravenna fs I’ve done mock booking on this and they quoted £40~ Waiting until I can see what disembarkation process is looking like for cruises prior to ours and of course if the free shuttle is on would just get this.

On 4/13/2022 at 4:07 AM, Jplanetx said:

We booked a transfer to the port with royal but lied about the flight arriving in the morning. I told the advisor I was doing this and they said they just need the information to put it in there booking form so found a flight that arrives on Sunday morning.

Want to get the train #Teamchoochoo back (it will be the local one Farrera.) so following this for your shuttle updates @LIttlebritain

Someone in our cruise call recommended an app -GetTransfer.com for the best price between Venice and the cruise port. This is the only app that I have found out of rome2rio/hoppa/Uber/anything else on google! that was able to quote me a price for cruise port to Ravenna fs I’ve done mock booking on this and they quoted £40~ Waiting until I can see what disembarkation process is looking like for cruises prior to ours and of course if the free shuttle is on would just get this.

Is that app for booking private transfers to and from the port?

12 hours ago, TMaine said:

Is that app for booking private transfers to and from the port?

Yes but it’s offer pricing so you say what you want and they come back with bids. Just submitted Piazzale Roma to the port and have offer for £283.16  - 3 passengers + luggage you can scale to van to coach if party is larger.