Transportation from LAX to San Pedro Port

margord

1 hour ago, quillwercruisers said:

Can you tell us approximately how much?  (going to Crown Plaza San Pedro) We've only used Uber once, and that was really a friend of friend, so we didn't have to really do anything to make arrangements.

If regular Uber is about $45 Uber Black will be about $90. Getting picked up curbside and not schlepping my bags on and off the shuttle to the regular Uber lot is worth it to me.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, quillwercruisers said:

One more quick question.  I would assume that using Uber Black to return to the airport would drop us off curbside as well?

Yes, but Uber regular (Uber XL) can drop off curbside, they just can't pick-up curbside. So you can Uber Black down and Uber XL back, assuming it is just two of you.

• Thanks 1

On 4/3/2022 at 9:36 AM, coastcat said:

Yup. Per the SuperShuttle site, they still have very limited operations for shared vans. They don't appear to be doing shared vans at LAX right now but do offer an Uber-ish experience with a private vehicle.

The SuperShuttle that once was is officially out of business. The SuperShuttle.com site redirects to the host of companies in each city that now run a service called SuperShuttle Express. In Los Angeles it happens to be Karmel Shuttle that is actually providing the service.

Here is the link that shows all the different companies and which cities they are in.

https://www.supershuttle.com/locations/

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

Do you have to always take a shuttle to get to the LAXIt pickup area?

Coning in Delta terminal 2, says you can walk or take the shuttle to LAXit?

Confusing…

You can walk to the LAXit lot. The shuttle goes counterclockwise so it'll take less time to walk from Terminals 1 & 2 than to ride the shuttle loop.

LAXit.jpg

Edited by coastcat

8 minutes ago, coastcat said:

You can walk to the LAXit lot. The shuttle goes counterclockwise so it'll take less time to walk from Terminals 1 & 2 than to ride the shuttle loop.

LAXit.jpg

Okay, thanks.  The LAXit map says its a 8 min walk, so that doesn’t seem so bad.

Looks like you have to climb over highways to get there.  😂 

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, mesamarie said:

Hi just to confirm Uber Black will pick you up curbside at baggage claim? i am looking for a company that can do this

Yes Uber Black picks up curbside at LAX. When you say you are "looking for a company that can do this", do you mean a company besides Uber Black? If so, look at Go Lansky Limo.

https://www.golansky.com/

Thank you Scottca075 for you reply, I am looking for any reliable company that wood pick up in the baggage claim area as my Mom is in her 90’s and I am lookin for convenience. I will contact your suggest vendor or use Uber Black.

• 1 month later...
22 minutes ago, kj_connections said:

Can Uber come into the cruise terminal to pick me up at disembarkation and drive me back to LAX?

Yes and they drop you off curbside at LAX. The only restrictions on cabs and ride shares at LAX is for pick up.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
35 minutes ago, phabric said:

Can you pick up a taxi LAX curbside?

No, taxi pickup is at LAXit area with

regular Uber and Lyft.  Drop off is okay, but not pickup at LAX.

Have you Looked at the LAXit website?

Its very helpful.

https://www.flylax.com/lax-it

curbside: 

THESE SERVICES STILL PICK UP CURBSIDE IN THE TERMINALS:
LYFT LUX BLACK & LYFT LUX BLACK XL
UBER BLACK & UBER BLACK SUV
LIMOUSINES, TOWN CARS & PRIVATE VEHICLES

Edited by PacnGoNow

2 hours ago, phabric said:

Can you pick up a taxi LAX curbside?

The short answer is no. The longer answer is maybe. There are cab stands at the LAX-it Lot, Tom Bradley International terminal in the parking structure and at the end of Terminal 7, the last terminal in LAX's U-shape.

So if you come into LAX early enough and come in at TBIT, Terminal 1 or Terminal 7, it is a short walk to a cab stand. All other terminals you need a shuttle bus to the LAX-it Lot.

• 1 month later...

Hi, I am looking for a limo service that will pick us up curbside and take us to the Crown Plaza in San Pedro.  I got a quote from GOLANSKY that was suggested in this thread, but it seems rather high, more than double a taxi fare.   I don't mind paying a premium for curbside, but it seemed a bit much.  I've tried googling other services, but they seem to have mixed reviews - some that rave how great they are along with those that hated their experience.  Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Quality is like buying oats. If you want nice fresh oats you have to pay a fair price. If you can be satisfied with oats that have already been thru the horse, that comes a little cheaper.

You aren't just paying for curbside service, you are paying for a higher quality vehicle, a higher quality driver and a higher overall experience.

The only other service I'd check is Uber Black.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, newbie53 said:

Hi, I am looking for a limo service that will pick us up curbside and take us to the Crown Plaza in San Pedro.  I got a quote from GOLANSKY that was suggested in this thread, but it seems rather high, more than double a taxi fare.   I don't mind paying a premium for curbside, but it seemed a bit much.  I've tried googling other services, but they seem to have mixed reviews - some that rave how great they are along with those that hated their experience.  Any suggestions?

Thanks.

I’m trying Curbsideexpress dot com. Check them out. 

2 hours ago, scottca075 said:

Quality is like buying oats. If you want nice fresh oats you have to pay a fair price. If you can be satisfied with oats that have already been thru the horse, that comes a little cheaper.

You aren't just paying for curbside service, you are paying for a higher quality vehicle, a higher quality driver and a higher overall experience.

The only other service I'd check is Uber Black.

Oh I agree with paying for the quality, etc.  The question is, what is a fair price for that quality?  I don't know what that would be in the LA area.  From my house to the airport (about the same distance as LAX to San Pedro) for a nice limo service, it is about half of what I was quoted.  So how much more should I expect the cost to be for LA?  Just trying to understand what the going rate would be for this type of service.   I really don't want to have to go to LAXit.  I'll be pushing DH in a transport chair, as well as trying to juggle a walker, suitcases, and carry on pieces. 

Thanks for the feedback.

16 hours ago, newbie53 said:

Thanks.

What did they quote you?