New to Silversea - vista cabin info

Redrob123

I am ex Crystal and have booked my first trip on Silver Shadow.  My TA has chosen cabin 439 which appears to be next to the restaurant and lifts.  Would someone who has been in this cabin please tell me if it is ok or is it very noisy.

Thanks

I've been in the same cabin on Whisper but a couple of years ago. It's a great cabin. It's as low as you can go and near to midship therefore there are not many better for dealing with the motion of the ocean. It's near the elevator and stairs but far enough away not to hear noise. There is a "secret" entrance and exit from the restaurant which you'll come to know and love. All up, far and away the best Vista on the ship.

Edited by turtlemichael
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, turtlemichael said:

I've been in the same cabin on Whisper but a couple of years ago. It's a great cabin. It's as low as you can go and near to midship therefore there are not many better for dealing with the motion of the ocean. It's near the elevator and stairs but far enough away not to hear noise. There is a "secret" entrance and exit from the restaurant which you'll come to know and love. All up, far and away the best Vista on the ship.

Thanks so much for putting my mind at rest.  I googled to see reviews but nothing came up.  The cruise is 27 days so didn’t want noise issues to spoil my maiden voyage.

• 4 months later...

I don’t know if you’ve already taken your cruise, but wanted to share our recent experience with cabin 439 on the Silver Whisper.  The positives were, as noted by previous posters; close to midship (very little “motion of the ocean”), and close to an elevator. 

Unfortunately, we did experience quite a bit of noise.  The first night I was awakened twice by a loud noise.  It sounded like a noisy motor and it went on for a while.  The second time was 5:30am and I opened the windows to see the Pilot transferring to his boat, almost directly under our window.  At the next port I noticed several “doors”, one large enough for cargo, underneath our window.

While in several ports, we looked out to see a large hose emerging from under our window to the dock and there was loud noise like fluid rushing through a pipe.  I’m not sure if it was rushing onto the ship or off the ship – but it was loud.

We didn’t even request this cabin.  Originally, we were in 427 but were moved into 439 after final payment.  Our request for an explanation was ignored and the location looked good so we decided to give it a try.  After a week of complaining about the noise, we were moved into 658 which was much quieter.  Yes, there was more rocking but we preferred it to being awakened in the middle of the night.         

2 hours ago, azjoy said:

I don’t know if you’ve already taken your cruise, but wanted to share our recent experience with cabin 439 on the Silver Whisper.  The positives were, as noted by previous posters; close to midship (very little “motion of the ocean”), and close to an elevator. 

Unfortunately, we did experience quite a bit of noise.  The first night I was awakened twice by a loud noise.  It sounded like a noisy motor and it went on for a while.  The second time was 5:30am and I opened the windows to see the Pilot transferring to his boat, almost directly under our window.  At the next port I noticed several “doors”, one large enough for cargo, underneath our window.

While in several ports, we looked out to see a large hose emerging from under our window to the dock and there was loud noise like fluid rushing through a pipe.  I’m not sure if it was rushing onto the ship or off the ship – but it was loud.

We didn’t even request this cabin.  Originally, we were in 427 but were moved into 439 after final payment.  Our request for an explanation was ignored and the location looked good so we decided to give it a try.  After a week of complaining about the noise, we were moved into 658 which was much quieter.  Yes, there was more rocking but we preferred it to being awakened in the middle of the night.         

Thanks!  The last paragraph makes me feel much better about my choice of 654.  We are used to a little rocking and rolling [famous last words as we are set to cross the Tasman Sea...]

I have been in that exact cabin. Yes it is immediately adjacent to the isolation cabins. A bit weird, but it was quiet and reasonably convenient.

By the way, I survived the trip without getting Covid.

On 4/1/2022 at 9:21 AM, Silver Spectre said:

It’s currently next to the isolation zone on the Shadow, although who knows how much longer that will last.

The photo shows 435 through the glass, 437 and 439 are to the right.

96F6851E-1DA3-4B0A-B196-B790A470667D.jpeg

• Like 1

On 8/15/2022 at 6:20 PM, pavementends said:

I have been in that exact cabin. Yes it is immediately adjacent to the isolation cabins. A bit weird, but it was quiet and reasonably convenient.

By the way, I survived the trip without getting Covid.

Good to hear on both fronts.