Odyssey April 3

good luck.  those guys from You tube - JJ Cruise had to drive 19 hours from Indiana due to SW flight cancelled.   Look for them or watch their video.  They are hosting a group of folks and they are the nicest guys who are married and cruise a lot.

Also, I was supposed to be on this cruise but cancelled a few months back and then booked the Wonder for this Friday 8th.  I have done Anthem and Ovation and was unsure if I would like Odyssey for some of the changes.  Might give her a go next year.

still do enjoy your trip and it might be interesting to ask how many folks missed the ship due to cancelled flights yesterday.

If I understood correctly, you have the Unlimited Dining Package? If so, do you plan on trying to use it at the pub or Giovanni's wine bar? There has been VERY inconsistant reporting on if it works at either. Some stating that it worked at both, no problem - some saying it didn't work at either. And of course, some saying it worked at one and not the other - not to mention that it worked "sometimes." 

Just curious to hear if you go to either what you're experience is. I'll be joining in 20 days for the transatlantic. 

11 minutes ago, DerekB said:

If I understood correctly, you have the Unlimited Dining Package? If so, do you plan on trying to use it at the pub or Giovanni's wine bar? There has been VERY inconsistant reporting on if it works at either. Some stating that it worked at both, no problem - some saying it didn't work at either. And of course, some saying it worked at one and not the other - not to mention that it worked "sometimes." 

Just curious to hear if you go to either what you're experience is. I'll be joining in 20 days for the transatlantic. 

I’ll stop by and ask. Happy to help other cruises.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Tee & Chilli said:

I’ll stop by and ask. Happy to help other cruises.

Thanks! I am curious what you find out. I can understand some confusion early on, but by now the crew should have it together. 

15 minutes ago, DerekB said:

Thanks! I am curious what you find out. I can understand some confusion early on, but by now the crew should have it together. 

Per Thomas, you can use the UDP up to $20. Here’s the Wine Bar snack menu.D5F0B66B-4CE7-4FAC-8113-08DE7D51658F.thumb.jpeg.6758d2205c6949b29695eeeeb7a6084c.jpeg

• Like 3

Thanks for the accessible balcony cabin pictures. We’re trying to get friends who need an accessible cabin to join us on Odyssey next year. Your pictures will help as they like to be able to see things like the positioning of grab rails and room layout in general before they book.

Have a great cruise!

6 hours ago, perfect match said:

Thanks for the accessible balcony cabin pictures. We’re trying to get friends who need an accessible cabin to join us on Odyssey next year. Your pictures will help as they like to be able to see things like the positioning of grab rails and room layout in general before they book.

Have a great cruise!

Another tip. The only way someone using a scooter or wheelchair can get to Playmakers is by using the accessible elevator. Go to deck 15. Go to the back of the bumper cars. There is a hallway that looks like crew only. There is an elevator that takes you to deck 16.

For everyone else, go to 15 and then take the steps to 16.611307D1-C7DA-47DD-99D0-4A3762DF9EB6.thumb.jpeg.a54e38ceb74dad1421c9e5a53cee02b5.jpeg

• Like 1

15 hours ago, DerekB said:

Interested in this too. May I ask which deck your cabin is on?  And Looking forward to following you for part of your cruise.  We leave for Friday for next week.

5 minutes ago, Tee & Chilli said:

5D8285F4-2C97-467B-A63F-A620145D7898.thumb.jpeg.aff9f30b3b3ad6f2e0905dde7b8007f4.jpeg

I am curious - are these the "paper" straws that melt in your mouth (or drink)...or are these the "new" plastic feel biogradable straws? Thanks for sharing! 

12 minutes ago, DerekB said:

I am curious - are these the "paper" straws that melt in your mouth (or drink)...or are these the "new" plastic feel biogradable straws? Thanks for sharing! 

New straws seem to  feel like plastic. Had a slight after taste but better than the paper straws. 

Edited by Tee & Chilli
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Tee & Chilli said:

Leaning Crown and Compass Pub. Included in the UDP. Had fried pickles and lobster and cheese bites. The server checked account and didn’t bring a $0 receipt. 9CF7D3F1-2CF5-418C-B7A0-B9425E881346.thumb.jpeg.67cb62ddf64dacf46c6c4bcfc0d2c0fb.jpeg

Great news - thanks for the update!