Best Price Guarantee activation process?

kaymoz

We are impressed with Azamara's Cuise With Confidence program but are wondering about activating the Best Price Guarantee. 

Are we required to bother our travel agent about this or can we simply phone Azamara to accomplish it?  If we do this, does it affect her commission negatively (which I do NOT want to happen!)?  Is the transaction basically cancelling and rebooking? 

Can we keep the same cabin number in the original booking or must we switch to one that is available at the time of the transaction?  Or something else?!

We would like to keep the cabin in our current booking, if that is possible.  I just don't understand if Azamara just changes the rate or totally cancels and replaces the original booking LOL!.

40 minutes ago, kaymoz said:

We would like to keep the cabin in our current booking, if that is possible.  I just don't understand if Amara just changes the rate or totally cancels and replaces the original booking LOL!.

Just changes cruise fare.

3 hours ago, kaymoz said:

We are impressed with Azamara's Cuise With Confidence program but are wondering about activating the Best Price Guarantee. 

Are we required to bother our travel agent about this or can we simply phone Azamara to accomplish it?  If we do this, does it affect her commission negatively (which I do NOT want to happen!)?  Is the transaction basically cancelling and rebooking? 

Can we keep the same cabin number in the original booking or must we switch to one that is available at the time of the transaction?  Or something else?!

The commission will be adjusted as it’s based on your total fare. 

19 hours ago, kaymoz said:

Yes you will keep your original cabin.  Your TA will need to contact Azamara.

Thank you all!  Our TA is on vacation this week without much wifi, so she can't do it.   I worry that if we wait until she returns, our cabin category will be sold out which might mean we couldn't take advantage of the fare drop.  And it's a big drop!   I'm hoping someone else in her group can make this change for us; I've reached out to the person she mentions in her out of office email.

When there is a fare drop, does Azamara refund the fare difference or apply it to OBC?

I have had three experiences of Best Price Guarantee under Cruise with Confidence

• first one was before final balance which reduced the balance due
  • the second was after final balance and was recalculated and received a refund to my card of the 'saving' 
  • the third was to take advantage of the $1000 OBC offer instead of the $500 (in my case this is pro-rata as solo traveller) balance had been paid in full and flight had increased slightly so I paid the additional £49 flight cost to receive the additional OBC

20 hours ago, kaymoz said:

Thank you all!  Our TA is on vacation this week without much wifi, so she can't do it.   I worry that if we wait until she returns, our cabin category will be sold out which might mean we couldn't take advantage of the fare drop.  And it's a big drop!   I'm hoping someone else in her group can make this change for us; I've reached out to the person she mentions in her out of office email.

When there is a fare drop, does Azamara refund the fare difference or apply it to OBC?

You already have a cabin.  You're not going to lose it.

On 4/4/2022 at 1:00 PM, Scots Caz said:

I have had three experiences of Best Price Guarantee under Cruise with Confidence

• first one was before final balance which reduced the balance due
  • the second was after final balance and was recalculated and received a refund to my card of the 'saving' 
  • the third was to take advantage of the $1000 OBC offer instead of the $500 (in my case this is pro-rata as solo traveller) balance had been paid in full and flight had increased slightly so I paid the additional £49 flight cost to receive the additional OBC

How do you check if your cruise has reduced in price? 
For special offers there are codes needed? For example single discount, onboard credit, last minute savings? How do we get those codes?

Ivi

4 minutes ago, travelberlin said:

How do you check if your cruise has reduced in price? 
For special offers there are codes needed? For example single discount, onboard credit, last minute savings? How do we get those codes?

Ivi

no codes, just looked at the website and priced as if was making a new booking. The first and second instance related to the same cruise that I booked 12 months out and then kept dropping in price (In total drop was £1300, in the process I lost free wi-fi as was no longer on promo but gained some OBC which was)  

The third I booked when advertised $500 OBC then a few says later the offer changed to $1000 OBC

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

And because of 'dynamic pricing,' if your cruise is fairly popular the rates may have gone up since you booked – so the new discount may still end up costing more than your original fare.

I just phoned them this morning because in relation to our triple back to back, all three cruises had dropped in price and although we previously had the $USD 500 OBC we did not have Wi-Fi so that got added as well. All in all that one phone call this morning to saved  me AU$3.6k and got me wifi. It’s well worth it to check the prices every month or so. 😁

Edited by lahore
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, lahore said:

I just phoned them this morning....  we did not have Wi-Fi so that got added as well. 

I didn't see wi-fi mentioned on the website as a current offer -- how did this come about for you, lahore?

6 hours ago, kaymoz said:

I didn't see wi-fi mentioned on the website as a current offer -- how did this come about for you, lahore?

I'm in Australia.