Moss Hills interview on BBC

eastwoodboy

Those who know Moss will know the story but I will not let on to those that do not.

Interviewed by Jane Garvey on BBC.co.uk/News/World-Africa-60841291 well worth a listen. Sorry but not tech enough to give a proper link.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, eastwoodboy said:

Those who know Moss will know the story but I will not let on to those that do not.   Interviewed by Jane Garvey on BBC.co.uk/News/World-Africa-60841291 well worth a listen. Sorry but not tech enough to give a proper link.

Here in the United States, below is the link that worked for me in finding this BBC story about Moss Hills.  We were with him on a Lisbon to Rouen Silver Spirit sailing.  Fun, interesting cruise director!!  Below is one of my pictures of him in action during our 2017 sailing.   

From the BBC this morning, they had this headline: The guitarist who saved hundreds of people on a sinking cruise liner with these highlights: “It was during dinner that Moss Hills began to realise just how severe the storm was. The ship's waiters, normally completely adept at carrying drinks and food without spilling anything, were struggling. Moss, a guitarist from Zimbabwe working on board the cruise liner alongside his wife Tracy, a bass player, had never seen the waiters dropping trays before.  Earlier that day, gale-force winds and heavy rains had delayed sailing for the final leg of the cruise towards Durban several times. But with no sign of conditions improving, the captain eventually decided to lift anchor and the Oceanos, with 581 guests and crew on board, sailed off into 40-knot winds and 9m-high (30ft) waves.”

Full story at:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-60841291?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio   

Lisbon, NWSpain, Bordeaux/Brittany: Live/blog, June 2017 from Portugal to France along scenic Atlantic Coast on the Silver Spirit.  Now at 32,262 views.  Many interesting pictures, details for history, food, culture, etc.:

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2511358

CMZ_7400.thumb.jpeg.c4c7385cdbaa1985e2e9865d8fc6509b.jpeg

• Like 2

Thanks for the story, Tts; I had not heard it before.

I'm taking the opportunity here just to preempt your possible wrath in future by letting you know that the booze on your next cruise will not be to the high standard of what we are used to on SS or Seabourn.  The included things are 'house' spirits - not too bad in a coffee, and wines which are of a similar price range to the 'luxury' lines, but with less choice.  Generously poured, though.  However, being British, good quality sherry is included, and served chilled.

• Like 1