Amsterdam Travel Requirements - Celebrity Protocol (effective April 10, 2022)

logan25

I just noticed this on Celebrity’s website.  Cannot say if completely fresh or simply updated.  I am particularly intrigued by availability of eMED tests for purchase to disembarking U.S.-bound passengers to fulfill testing requirement for re-entry to home country.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/mx/healthy-at-sea/amsterdam-travel-requirements

14 minutes ago, logan25 said:

I just noticed this on Celebrity’s website.  Cannot say if completely fresh or simply updated.  I am particularly intrigued by availability of eMED tests for purchase to disembarking U.S.-bound passengers to fulfill testing requirement for re-entry to home country.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/mx/healthy-at-sea/amsterdam-travel-requirements

They are great - gives the ultimate in flexibility.  

I wish the fact that X offers the emed proctored tests for US bound passengers meant that they would guarantee the internet would have enough bandwidth to complete the test! I fear it won't on a regular wifi package. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, logan25 said:

This is new.  As of yesterday, and I believe even as of earlier today, there were the special travel requirements for US, for Galapagos, and for Transatlantics.  The entire Europe section, of which this is a part, is new.

Tom & Judy

• Like 1

2 hours ago, yogini06 said:

Disappointed to see the COVID cancellations and refunds will expire April 30, 2022

Definitely agree with you.

But I suppose this was my ultimate justification for (being "forced" to) buying (expensive!) travel insurance for the first time in my life...  

Does the wording from X mean we will be able to buy eMed's proctored test kits onboard as an extra service at the end of the cruise? Or does it just mean I click on the link which takes me to the website where I order tests to bring onboard ahead of time before leaving the US?

Thanks, I wasn't clear on this after reading the new rules.

I realize that things change quickly and my cruise isn't this year but I find all this confusing.  So let me see if I understand.  I believe that we fall into the Up to Date Guest category -  fully vaccinated  (2 x Moderna) and hubby (2 x Pfizer) and we have both had a booster and would be getting another 2 or 3 months before we cruise.  Am I understanding that correctly?

As up to date guest we must have our vaccine info with us and the completed Intake Form - Health Declaration for Travelers filled out in order to board the flight.  Is that correct?

As Up to Date Guests we must present a negative Antigen test taken with 1 day prior to sailing?

If I am correct about the above this is what bothers me.  An up to date guest is made to self test but the fully vaccinated guests get tested at the terminal.  This sounds easier to me but perhaps really slows down getting on the ship.  

This is the first cruise we have taken besides Alaska where we are boarding outside the U.S.  Hubby doesn't help with planning and I guess I'm so afraid that somehow I will mess this all up.  Right now we plan to fly nonstop Detroit to Amsterdam arriving two days prior to sailing.  I'm hoping this is enough cushion in case of travel delays.

So much has changed since I booked and bought insurance.  Now I need to go back and determine what our coverage is for a denial to board in case of COVID as X has yanked the security cruise with confidence away.

Sorry for sounding like an idiot but this makes me nervous.  LOL.  Thanks for any advice.

21 minutes ago, cunn9004 said:

I realize that things change quickly and my cruise isn't this year but I find all this confusing.  So let me see if I understand.  I believe that we fall into the Up to Date Guest category -  fully vaccinated  (2 x Moderna) and hubby (2 x Pfizer) and we have both had a booster and would be getting another 2 or 3 months before we cruise.  Am I understanding that correctly?

As up to date guest we must have our vaccine info with us and the completed Intake Form - Health Declaration for Travelers filled out in order to board the flight.  Is that correct?

As Up to Date Guests we must present a negative Antigen test taken with 1 day prior to sailing?

If I am correct about the above this is what bothers me.  An up to date guest is made to self test but the fully vaccinated guests get tested at the terminal.  This sounds easier to me but perhaps really slows down getting on the ship.  

This is the first cruise we have taken besides Alaska where we are boarding outside the U.S.  Hubby doesn't help with planning and I guess I'm so afraid that somehow I will mess this all up.  Right now we plan to fly nonstop Detroit to Amsterdam arriving two days prior to sailing.  I'm hoping this is enough cushion in case of travel delays.

So much has changed since I booked and bought insurance.  Now I need to go back and determine what our coverage is for a denial to board in case of COVID as X has yanked the security cruise with confidence away.

Sorry for sounding like an idiot but this makes me nervous.  LOL.  Thanks for any advice.

it looks like your cruise is 9/23? That's a year and a half away. You can't even book airfare yet. I wouldn't worry about it in the least. Really, none of this information you're looking at is going to apply in September 2023.