Dining reservations

forgap

We will be in ur first SS cruise in August and dining reservations just opened.   La Dame is the only specialty restaurant on Whisper but on “My Silversea” we had options to reserve the main dining room, the grill, and La terrazza.  Is this necessary or can we just be spontaneous depending on our mood that evening?  

2 hours ago, forgap said:

We will be in ur first SS cruise in August and dining reservations just opened.   La Dame is the only specialty restaurant on Whisper but on “My Silversea” we had options to reserve the main dining room, the grill, and La terrazza.  Is this necessary or can we just be spontaneous depending on our mood that evening?  

Never made reservations in MDR,Grill and La Terrazza in 27 years cruising with SS and never had a problem eating where we wanted with whom we wanted at what time we wanted.Suggest you go with your mood on the evening and enjoy.If you decide to eat with friends occasionally would suggest you reserve tables for six or more during the day.Hope this helps.

Actually, the Grill is also a specialty restaurant on the Whisper.  You will need a reservation to dine there in the evening, as well as La Terrazza.  

The Restaurant (i.e. main dining room), while shown in the venue booking request system, does not accept dining requests as it is an open-seating dining room, which means there are no assigned times, no assigned tables. You are free to arrive at your leisure and dine with whomever you choose.

37 minutes ago, Stumblefoot said:

Actually, the Grill is also a specialty restaurant on the Whisper.  You will need a reservation to dine there in the evening, as well as La Terrazza.  

The Restaurant (i.e. main dining room), while shown in the venue booking request system, does not accept dining requests as it is an open-seating dining room, which means there are no assigned times, no assigned tables. You are free to arrive at your leisure and dine with whomever you choose.

I assume that the party you choose to dine with must agree with your wishes.🤗

• Haha 1

Thank you for your responses.  Are we able to reserve the grill and La Terraza while on board  the morning we decide that is our preference?  Our formal nights are not yet listed n my.Silversea which may influence in one direction other.  

6 hours ago, forgap said:

Thank you for your responses.  Are we able to reserve the grill and La Terraza while on board  the morning we decide that is our preference?

Yes, but there are no guarantees you'll get the dining venue or time that you wish.

We're sailing on the Silver Moon on May 6, 2022. I booked reservations throughout the cruise for Silver Note for several dinners. At one time both I and other guests sailing with us had confirmed reservations, now all Silver Note reservations are showing "Waitlisted". Other specialty restaurants are still confirmed reservations. Has this happened to anyone else? Just wondering if it means that Silver Note may not be open? 

Happens regularly.  If you do a search in the forum you’ll see Silversea doesn’t use a reservation system, but rather a request system.  As such, what you experienced usually happens when someone submits multiple requests for the same venue as Silversea wants to ensure that all passengers have a chance to dine in the venue before fulfilling multiple requests from the same guests.