Shareholders benefit OBC

GloriaF

16 minutes ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

January 2022 I was able to use my OBC to pay for DH specialty dining and anything else he wanted. In April 2022 I used it to pay for some friends specialty dining. I simply gave my medallion and had things charged to me. 

So by linking billing accounts nonrefundable OBC is used first by either person still.

Edited by Ombud

9 hours ago, BobandLizM said:

But I do think that Princess should have more confidence in your shareholders keeping hold of their shares. I would like to think as a shareholder that I believe in your company and your product and therefore would retain my shares.

Some history:

o Originally the request for the Stockholder's OBC had to be submitted no longer than 90 days before the cruise. This was, of course, to be sure that the shares were owned at least this close to the cruise.

o Back then, excursions could be booked before the cruise, but payment was made with the on board account during the cruise.

o Many people liked to use this OBC towards shore excursions and this worked well.

o Then Princess decided to be more like the competition and if you prebook shore excursions, they must be paid for immediately. Any posted OBC can be used towards the cost.

o But since many shore excursions are fully booked before the 90-days pre-cruise that stockholder OBC could be posted, nobody could use that OBC towards shore excursions if the excursions were booked before that 90 days.

o Many passengers complained that this favorite use of OBC was no longer possible before that 90-day pre-cruise period.  So in a move that made many Princess passengers happy, Princess started to allow stockholder OBC to be posted (with proof of ownership) anytime after a booking was made. This was even before 90 day day previous limit. This was even if the cruise was later than the date the CCL Corp Board of Directors had authorized this benefit. (After all, the OBC could be removed if the benefit was not extended.)

o This does require trust that the customer who submitted proof of stock ownership really would still own it by the time the cruise occurred. Because, I suspect, the great majority of those eligible for the benefit cruise often enough that they do not just buy the stock, get the benefit, and then immediately sell the stock.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ombud said:

So by linking billing accounts nonrefundable OBC is used first by either person still.

At the end of the cruise, these multiple accounts are combined into one.

However, I am not sure there is then any retroactive changing what was charged to refundable OBC to any remaining non-refundable OBC on the other account when the accounts are combined.

Certainly if one account had no OBC remaining of any kind and the other did have OBC remaining, the balance of that account with no OBC remaining would be applied to the remaining OBC of the other account with non-refundable being used first.

However, during the cruise I see no reason you could not go to the Passenger Services desk and request that the charges for anything you want (except gratuities) be moved to the account with unused non-refundable OBC.

Accounts were linked. Did not matter. Refundable OBC were used first regardless.

Went to guest services about using the OBC for the excursions.....no dice.

By the way, these were added to my account way before embarkation. Tried to book

excursions beforehand and was not allowed to use the OBC for both of us.

Going to guest services and the excursion desk once on board did nothing.

After complaining about the specialty restaurants, ,they made a note in the account that the next dinner in a specialty restaurant should totally come out of my husbands remaining OBC.

Had we not done that,  it would have come from each of our accounts. Medallions were not even asked for.

We too have cruised before 2019 and had no problems with  any of  these new "rules"

for OBC.

As for rewarding stockholders with a perk, not too sure about that anymore. We realized they could care less about their loyal passengers, so why should owning stock make a difference.

It was only one of the many issues we had on our April 4 cruise.

No more Princess for us.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Gerrizl said:

Tried to book excursions beforehand and was not allowed to use the OBC for both of us.

When I need to book excursions in advance and have OBC in both accounts to use, I call Primcess and I have always had success (at least pre-pandemic) in having the agent book the excursions for me and utilize OBC as I want it to be used.

Were you turned down when calling Princess or were you just unable to do this online?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BobandLizM said:

Thanks, great history.

Never considered from this perspective and the especially day trading situation.

I'm not an intentional day trader but with the past 2 yrs volatility I did manage to drastically clear my losses (bought @ 56)  fortunately in the IRA so no taxes owed and wound up shorting some. Cost now $869 - 250 OBC (3 short cruises) - 250 OBC (Sept Transatlantic) = 369 which will be more than recouped with 2 cruises next year

not for the faint of heart or inexperienced 

21 minutes ago, Gerrizl said:

I was turned down when I called them pre-cruise.

Wow!! Never experienced that with a CVP & I understand TAs can do it too. Regrettable that yours did not have your back

Edited by Ombud
  • Like 1

On 5/12/2022 at 12:24 PM, traceytd said:

Is there a form to fill out before sending your statement

You can send an email to this email  :  sbpcl@princesscruises.com

Include your name, ship, sail date and booking number.

Attach a pdf copy of a recent shareholders statement, showing that you have 100 or more shares. They do not send a confirmation, just keeping checking your cruise personalizer on the website for the credit.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Valiamo said:

You can send an email to this email  :  sbpcl@princesscruises.com

Include your name, ship, sail date and booking number.

Attach a pdf copy of a recent shareholders statement, showing that you have 100 or more shares. They do not send a confirmation, just keeping checking your cruise personalizer on the website for the credit.

Thank you, that’s what I just did. 😎😉🙂

Hello, I am wondering if anyone can share how they were able to obtain a recent shareholder statement of their Carnival shares to send to Princess? I called my brokerage, and the only thing that they can generate is a pdf of my entire stock portfolio with all my holdings. I would rather not send all that info to Princess.

I just did it last Monday by masking my account number and sending only the section showing CC shares, my name, and current date. I did send their form but I hear others are just sending booking #, sail date, & ship. Waiting for it to be processed 

Edited by Ombud
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If I get refundable credit, I usually cash it in immediately on the ship so that further charges go onto my credit card which gives me 3%. My ancestors are Scottish so I am tight with my pennies (not really). 

• Haha 1

On 4/12/2022 at 12:10 PM, Thrak said:

You can try calling this number to verify if your request has been received:

800 872 6779 ext. 30317

Hi. I am used to getting it a few days after I submit the request. Might be concerned about nothing but when would you call?

Booked drop & go cruise last Monday

Emailed request last Monday

Still not processed

Boarding 6/26/22

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Ombud said:

Hi. I am used to getting it a few days after I submit the request. Might be concerned about nothing but when would you call?

Booked drop & go cruise last Monday

Emailed request last Monday

Still not processed

Boarding 6/26/22

Sailing the day before you, and if by "last Monday" you mean last week (not this past Monday), then you've been waiting a week longer than me.  Literally tried calling the number just before I saw your post, and I get disconnected every time I punch in the extension.

1 minute ago, cityguy300 said:

Sailing the day before you, and if by "last Monday" you mean last week (not this past Monday), then you've been waiting a week longer than me.  Literally tried calling the number just before I saw your post, and I get disconnected every time I punch in the extension.

Emailed May 9th. 

13 minutes ago, Ombud said:

Emailed May 9th. 

I emailed and followed up with a fax a few days later, wondering if that would expedite the process.

I was prepared to stay on the line a long time just to get a "be patient" brush-off at the end, but at least then I could ask if they received my request (and that the paperwork checked out, since this is my first time claiming).  Now I'm wondering if there's even anyone there. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, cityguy300 said:

I emailed and followed up with a fax a few days later, wondering if that would expedite the process.

I was prepared to stay on the line a long time just to get a "be patient" brush-off at the end, but at least then I could ask if they received my request (and that the paperwork checked out, since this is my first time claiming).  Now I'm wondering if there's even anyone there. 

Spoke to someone at 800 872 6779 ×1 who asked me to give it another week. But she did notate it in my file. 

Edited by Ombud

10 minutes ago, Ombud said:

Spoke to someone at 800 872 6779 ×1 who asked me to give it another week. But she did notate it in my file. 

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind.  I wasn't even going to do the fax until next week, but now that I see how "responsive" their contact line is, I'm glad I started following up earlier!  I'll give it another week too.

I have always just faxed my shareholder statement to them for years and have used

FaxZero.

Never had a problem.

After a few days I check my cruise personalizer to see if it shows up under the payment tab as a credit.

They likely are overwhelmed (not shareholder assistance dept but all of customer service) by all the issues people were having with reimbursements of out of pocket

expenses.

Good luck

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Ombud said:

FaxZero failed!! No idea if its due to Princess or FaxZero. Will call back next Friday. If that doesn't work will ask CVP or Customer Service for assistance 

Was definitely working yesterday at (661) 753-0180.  Did you click the confirmation link in your email, and the second notice told you a few minutes later it failed?

I wonder if it's tied to the failed phone line (or if that's been happening a while).  Maybe the office decided to cut off all communication, lol.

• Thanks 1