Help me remember the name of a restaurant on the way to Denali!

Straitlover

On our 2018 trip, we stopped at a restaurant on the parks Highway that is well known for it's pies. For the lifk of me I can't recall the name. It was about halfway there? Think it had Roadhouse in the name (not Talkeetna Roadhouse, it was on the main road, not a turn off) and maybe the mile marker??? Help! 🙂

Edited by Straitlover

No, that's not it. It was an old cabin looking place w/ old road signs and such. It was by itself, not part of anything  else. I wish I had kept my Milepost, as it was listed on that route. Known for the burgers and pies. Headed to Denali, it was on the right side of the road, and it had a little open field nest to it. There was someone w/ a tiny airplane w/ a tent attached to it, plane camping I guess!

I will have to dig through my pictures and see if I took one of it. Thanks though!

There was a roadhouse that our tour bus did a rest break at between Denali (McKinley) park

the Anchorage Flea market (another driver rest break) and the final stop at Alyeska resort.

This roadhouse had a veranda facing toward Mt. Denali and we caught photo glimpses of the

mountain through a partial cloud cover.

There was another bus with our group and both pretty much filled that roadhouse to its limit.

Reviewing the travel that roadhouse was the McKinley View Lodge

LINK:

McKinley View Lodge - Google Maps

Note Mary's name on double entry doors next to Gift Shop

Sounds like a nice place. That's definitely not the place I stopped at.

We got two great views of Denali on the drive up. There a mile marker where you're ascending and then you hit the crest, and if it's clear, the mountain is right smack in front of you! It's listed in the milepost if anyone wants to get the mile marker. I was driving, so i couldn't get pictures, but my sister got some OK ones. The other one was where you turn off to head to the Princess Cruiseline's Lodge. There's a gravel lot you can park in right at the turn off and get some great pics if it's clear.

On 4/13/2022 at 10:23 AM, Straitlover said:

On our 2018 trip, we stopped at a restaurant on the parks Highway that is well known for it's pies. For the lifk of me I can't recall the name. It was about halfway there? Think it had Roadhouse in the name (not Talkeetna Roadhouse, it was on the main road, not a turn off) and maybe the mile marker??? Help! 🙂

I'm sorry that I can't help with your question, but I just had to pop in and tell you how much I love your screen-name.  Such great taste needs to be acknowledged. 🙂

I remember a great pie restaurant that we stopped at in the middle of nowhere on a bus on a  Princess land tour coming from Copper River Princess near Wrangell-St. Elias National Park to Denali. I thought it was about 1/2 way on the very isolated Route 8 a mostly gravel road that we took to Denali. I  can't remember name but I do remember that lovely ladies that owned it and their delicious pies. Does that sound familiar at all?

On 4/13/2022 at 11:23 AM, Straitlover said:

My bus, with lots of others, stopped here every time I have gone to Denali.  Great buffet lunch and incredible cookies:

https://rogerjett-photography.com/wp-content/gallery/enroute-to-danali/IMG_1365-2.jpg

https://rogerjett-photography.com/wp-content/gallery/enroute-to-danali/IMG_1366-2.jpg