What do the metal water bottles look like?

Robin122

Can someone clarify the in room bottled water situation for me?

When the glass Vero bottle is empty, does the cabin staff replace the bottle or refill it?

Is Oceania proving the metal container, so gusts don't walk around with breakable glass bottles?

Also, the sparkling Vero, is it comparable to San Pelligrino?

Thank you.

1 hour ago, SeaWatch12 said:

Can someone clarify the in room bottled water situation for me?

When the glass Vero bottle is empty, does the cabin staff replace the bottle or refill it?

Is Oceania proving the metal container, so gusts don't walk around with breakable glass bottles?

Also, the sparkling Vero, is it comparable to San Pelligrino?

Thank you.

AFAIK  the VERO water bottles are cleaned & refilled/replaced

the metal bottles are for your personal use & can take them with you when your leave

I do not believe the VERO glass bottle are meant to be taken out of the cabin

I would not think VERO  is comparable to Pellegrino  just ask for the Pellegrino if that you prefer

Have your TA request  Pellegrino  to be stocked in your fridge  in advance  when possible

JMO

• Thanks 1

On 4/26/2022 at 4:44 PM, LHT28 said:

AFAIK  the VERO water bottles are cleaned & refilled/replaced

the metal bottles are for your personal use & can take them with you when your leave

I do not believe the VERO glass bottle are meant to be taken out of the cabin

I would not think VERO  is comparable to Pellegrino  just ask for the Pellegrino if that you prefer

Have your TA request  Pellegrino  to be stocked in your fridge  in advance  when possible

JMO

That's what we did in regards to Pellegrino.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, rbtan said:

Personally, I'd like if the bottles were insulated. They warm up quickly! I would be willing to pay for insulated ones.

why not just take your own

We have an insulated bottle bag we use with our own water bottle

Our plastic type bottle has a wide mouth easy to put ice in

2 hours ago, LHT28 said:

why not just take your own

We have an insulated bottle bag we use with our own water bottle

Our plastic type bottle has a wide mouth easy to put ice in

Already pack enough as it is!

• Haha 1

• 1 year later...

We didn’t bother bringing them off the ship.  They are not branded for the cruise line, so it’s not a memento in that sense, and not being insulated I knew we would never use them.  They would not even stay cold overnight in the a/c cabin.

I was also disappointed in how few filling stations there were.

My opinion is take an insulated one and enjoy the tasty water!

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Gracie115 said:

I am new to Oceania so you aren't allowed to bring your own plastic water bottles on board.  We have brought a case on board Celebrity in the past.

Unlike Celebrity, there is no need to bring your own plastic water bottles onboard as Oceania has water bottles, free, when you are departing the ship for excursions, etc.  Onboard, they provide each of you with a refillable water bottle and there are large bottles of still and/or sparkling water in your cabin that are refilled as ofter as you want.  There are also water filling stations around the ship for those bottles.  Some prefer to bring their own refillable water bottles onboard but Oceania provides you the water to refill those.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, basor said:

Unlike Celebrity, there is no need to bring your own plastic water bottles onboard as Oceania has water bottles, free, when you are departing the ship for excursions, etc.  Onboard, they provide each of you with a refillable water bottle and there are large bottles of still and/or sparkling water in your cabin that are refilled as ofter as you want.  There are also water filling stations around the ship for those bottles.  Some prefer to bring their own refillable water bottles onboard but Oceania provides you the water to refill those.

Actually, there are no plastic water bottles provided for going ashore.  One is expected to provide your own water.

1 minute ago, tigerfan75 said:

Actually, there are no plastic water bottles provided for going ashore.  One is expected to provide your own water.

On our last O cruise, they were still offering the water bottles by the gangplank if you did not want to carry the provided or brought you own water bottle.  I will check it out if that has changed when we board VISTA in 12 days...which ever, you do not have to bring your own water onboard to have "free" water bottles/refills available.

Just now, GerryL13 said:

I've never been a fan of water bottles that have to be unscrewed to get a drink. I'll probably pack my own large "sippy cup."

I found a flip top cap with straw that fits the provided water bottles perfectly - turns it into a "sippy cup". I also have an insulated cover that slips on the provided water bottle and helps it stay cool.  I just bring the cover and flip top cap and use/and leave the provided water bottle each cruise.  Doesn't take much space in the suitcase.

7 minutes ago, basor said:

On our last O cruise, they were still offering the water bottles by the gangplank if you did not want to carry the provided or brought you own water bottle.  I will check it out if that has changed when we board VISTA in 12 days...which ever, you do not have to bring your own water onboard to have "free" water bottles/refills available.

Just got off a B2B Vista today.  No plastic water bottles provided in our segments.

She is a gorgeous ship; you will love it.

39 minutes ago, basor said:

We were just on Vista.   Where were the water filling stations?  I didn't notice any. 

11 minutes ago, calvin81 said:

Curious on the opening size of these particular bottles - not always big enough for ice.

We use them at home (just took them to our grand daughter's VB tournament yesterday) and filled with ice cubes from our fridge.....just measured and it is a 2" opening