Boarding Harmony tomorrow 4/17 on a B2B (not live but will respond to questions/requests)

4 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Very nice.  Was this right before all aboard?  I'm surprised by how few people are walking around.

It was around 2:00, the crowds showed up around three.

On 4/16/2022 at 1:35 PM, orville99 said:

We board tomorrow on a WINO(Western in Name Only)/Eastern B2B on Harmony. I am online several times a day and will try to answer questions if I can. 

Hello,

Hope you're having an Awesome time. We're boarding on Sunday 4/24 for the Eastern Cruise.

I'm trying to find some recent Cruise Compasses, so we can plan things around different events.

Thank, Bob

11 hours ago, Bob Kriwitsky said:

Hello,

Hope you're having an Awesome time. We're boarding on Sunday 4/24 for the Eastern Cruise.

I'm trying to find some recent Cruise Compasses, so we can plan things around different events.

Thank, Bob

I posted the show schedule for this week, but it will probably be different next week since we start with two sea days. If you are looking for specific events like trivia I can go through the compasses we still have (we typically toss them at the end of the day - too much clutter).

11 hours ago, Bob Kriwitsky said:

Hello,

Thank, Bob

Here are the 3/13 Eastern Compasses. YMMV.

https://issuu.com/hochmania/docs/hm_cc_7_nt_eastern_3-13-22

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Wow. Never seen that before. Sounds like one of the best WJ's ever!

Harmony and Symphony both have the permanent hot station. Shame they didn't add that feature to Oasis during her drydock

11 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Harmony and Symphony both have the permanent hot station. Shame they didn't add that feature to Oasis during her drydock

Thanks for the info. That explains why it's been hit or miss on different ships. We have always just taken whichever big ship is sailing out of PC each summer out of conveneince. Even when I have seen the cook to order, I've never seen Mexican before, just stir fry with rice or pasta mostly.

Edited by OCSC Mike

2 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

Even when I have seen the cook to order, I've never seen Mexican before,

Harmony WJ does a different theme each evening. Yesterday it was TexMex, and tonight it is Caribbean. Tomorrow is Chinese.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Harmony WJ does a different theme each evening. Yesterday it was TexMex, and tonight it is Caribbean. Tomorrow is Chinese.

That I have seen before. It's even listed on recent compasses I've seen posted here. Just never saw freshly made fajitas/burritos before.

45 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

That I have seen before. It's even listed on recent compasses I've seen posted here. Just never saw freshly made fajitas/burritos before.

You just have to get out and cruise more😇

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, orville99 said:

You just have to get out and cruise more😇

As long as I lose weight in between cruises I would love to. 😁

Can really only cruise in the summers though and we stick to Canaveral b/c it's just so damn convenient. Prices are awful right now but we'll almost definitely be on Wonder next summer regardless.

1 hour ago, OCSC Mike said:

As long as I lose weight in between cruises I would love to. 😁

Can really only cruise in the summers though and we stick to Canaveral b/c it's just so damn convenient. Prices are awful right now but we'll almost definitely be on Wonder next summer regardless.

We are doing a B3B on Mariner in July -5 night western, 8-night eastern, and 8-night southern, and the prices were a lot lower than Harmony. Wonder prices for next summer are obscenely high. Paid more for a balcony on wonder than we did for the JS we are in this week and next on Harmony. 

Edited by orville99

6 minutes ago, orville99 said:

We are doing a B3B on Mariner in July -5 night western, 8-night eastern, and 8-night southern, and the prices were a lot lower than Harmony. Wonder prices for next summer are obscenely high. Paid more for a balcony on wonder than we did for the JS we are in this week and next on Harmony. 

Yep, the Wonder prices are clearly inflated. 21 Days on Mariner sounds great (except I might gain 25-30 lbs.). Went on Mariner a couple times when it was the "big ship" at PC a long time ago.

Some type of cruise later this summer isn't out of the question (we're not even paying for next month's on Harmony, wife's parents are taking the family), but we tend to book last minute. Used to get some good deals, but those seems to be much rarer, especially this summer when the whole world seems to want to get back to cruising now with Covid lessening.

5 years ago we got off our last family cruise on Oasis in June... and the next day I found a great deal for 3 weeks later and booked it. History may or may not repeat itself.

Our 2 week Med loop, followed by 14 night western TA on Allure was cancelled for 2021.  Then rebooked for 2022 L&S.  Then Allure ended up being replaced by Wonder.   

The GS I have is going for 3 times what I paid on Allure.   Price protected.  Yaaah!  😄 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, jeanneful said:

When and where do you schedule the shows, when we board?

There is a kiosk on deck five in the promenade where you can book your shows. I would book as soon as you board.

Edited by orville99

4 hours ago, island lady said:

Our 2 week Med loop, followed by 14 night western TA on Allure was cancelled for 2021.  Then rebooked for 2022 L&S.  Then Allure ended up being replaced by Wonder.   

The GS I have is going for 3 times what I paid on Allure.   Price protected.  Yaaah!  😄 

We are in the same boat. All of our Harmony cruises in 2023 were price protected when they moved to Wonder, and if we tried to book the same cruises today we would have severe sticker shock.

Edited by orville99
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

Went on Mariner a couple times when it was the "big ship" at PC a long time ago.

We have been sailing on the “biggest ships” since the capacity was around 700 passengers. Now that is two lifeboats on Harmony.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, orville99 said:

We are in the same boat. All of our Harmony cruises in 2023 were price protected when they moved to Wonder, and if we tried to book the same cruises today we would have severe sticker shock.

We were in the same boat but booted off the 12/4 Harmony to the 12/4 Wonder ; booted off the Wonder for Special people welcome events..apparently not us,  to a few other options which were given but, oops, our category had booked was a GS and, of course, none available. You're lucky if you were given an option you could use.