Majestic Princess - Suite Benefits Question

kellyccz

We are booked on the Majestic Princess next June. We are in a Penthouse Suite (B734). We are paying to bring my Dad and Stepmother along as well, but they are in an inside cabin right by us (B730). I know suite guests get priority boarding, dinner reservations,  erc. My question is will my Dad and his wife be able to board with us,  or will they have to go on their own? Can they be added to our dining reservations,  etc? Thank you for any help anyone has to offer!

1 hour ago, kellyccz said:

We are booked on the Majestic Princess next June. We are in a Penthouse Suite (B734). We are paying to bring my Dad and Stepmother along as well, but they are in an inside cabin right by us (B730). I know suite guests get priority boarding, dinner reservations,  erc. My question is will my Dad and his wife be able to board with us,  or will they have to go on their own? Can they be added to our dining reservations,  etc? Thank you for any help anyone has to offer!

Currently, "priority" boarding is hit or miss.. there's not really much of any priority boarding, unless you're actually planning to be to the port ahead of when boarding actually begins (as in, arrive to ort before 10:30/11 at the earliest, which is when boarding typically begins) 

As for Club Class dining - nope, not gonna happen. If you want to dine with them, it will be in the main MDR area, not CC. (Imagine that every suite and CC mini booking had a friend or family member in a nin-CC qualified cabin - and they all wanted their special guests to have access without actually booking it. Basically defeats the purpose of CC, wouldn't you think?

If your parents want the perks of suite or Club Class, then they need to book it. It's really that simple...

45 minutes ago, reedprincess said:

If your parents want the perks of suite or Club Class, then they need to book it. It's really that simple...

Thanks for the information.  They were not asking for those benefits at all - they're just happy to be going on a cruise with us.  We booked and paid for the cabin for them - as a thank-you to my Dad for raising me  and so I could spend time with him, as he is getting older and lives 1,000 miles away from me. I was simply asking so I knew what to expect ahead of time.

Edited by kellyccz
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, kellyccz said:

Thanks for the information.  They were not asking for those benefits at all - they're just happy to be going on a cruise with us.  We booked and paid for the cabin for them - as a thank-you to my Dad for raising me  and so I could spend time with him, as he is getting older and lives 1,000 miles away from me. I was simply asking so I knew what to expect ahead of time.

You don't owe anyone an explanation of how the cruises are booked, etc 

It goes for anyone - if you are wanting the perks of suite class or CC, you need to book them.. 

There are some legit workarounds - for instance, as a full suite guest, you can order room service from the MDR anytime it's open - so you can legit order full breakfast, lunch or dinner during MDR opening hours for you and folks. No one is verifying your order as "only for 2".  

You want dinner for the 4 of you in the suite - order away. It's usually brought all at once, so plan accordingly - some order apps, then order mains when apps show you, etc. 

Also, as full suite guests, afternoon tea in stateroom is an option (has to be ordered in advance) - you all can enjoy it together in stateroom/on balcony if you choose. Even the tes order for two is a ridiculous amount of food.  

Otherwise, no matter who has booked or paid for cabins, relationships, whatever - want suite perks, book a suite. Want CC perks, book a CC room. And so forth...

Safe travels.

• Like 1

That is a great suggestion @reedprincess.  You might have trouble sitting everyone around the tiny balcony, but worth at least once. 

WARNING !  Tea for two is plenty.  But order additional pots of hot water, cups, and tea bags.  I was told I had to do this a day ahead.  

On 4/17/2022 at 7:32 PM, kellyccz said:

We have the same suite book for august from anchorage to Vancouver for our anniversary. B734. We are so excited