Long Time Lurker Looking for Advice

55 minutes ago, MiniChunks said:

Curious why you'd choose Canaveral over FLL or MIA? I've never cruised out of PC, but isn't it a long ride from the airport? 

Given the choice, I will stay away from the density and the congestion of South Florida whenever possible. The trip from MIA and FLL airports to their specific cruise ports is quick compared to Port Canaveral from Orlando airport (MCO). However, most people are not aware that you can fly into Melbourne International Airport (MLB). Delta and American/US Airways provide service. The drive from MLB to PC takes about 45 minutes to go 23 miles. That drive and getting on a ship at PC is far less congested and stressful.

If driving to the cruise-port, unless you live in South Florida, Port Canaveral should be your destination of choice if the ships and their itineraries meet your needs.        

• Like 1

I am also a fan of Oasis class ships and Allure was our first.  At this point, she does not have the large purple slide so you still get that wonderful view from the back deck and aqua theater.  Even though she is larger, you can still find plenty of places to sit and relax.  Central Park is fun with nice restaurants, a bar, and several benches.

I have not been to any of the ABC islands and would enjoy any itinerary that included those.  We have been to Labadee and rented a cabana with our cruise mates.  Very relaxing day and had a wonderful attendant.

I took my Dad on a cruise in December, probably the last vacation we will get to do together.  Best thing I ever did.  You and your Mom will have a great time whatever you choose!! :classic_smile:

On 4/22/2022 at 10:19 AM, chale63 said:

Our problem? Our future cruise credits need to be redeemed in eight days

I would check on that.  Royal has changed the redeemed by dates for all FCC's.

FCC's now have a redeem and sail by date of Dec 31, 2022 or later depending on when they were issued.

I would chose the allure. I think curaçao and Aruba are amazing. I also think the size of the allure wins over the mariner. I just did an 8 night on odyssey and having four sea days is fine with lots to do, which is why I recommend a bigger ship.