April 9 Apex Chair Hog Pictorial Reivew

Sam.Seattle

48 minutes ago, Nicole&Pete said:

I think there is one thing holding a couple of loungers so that you can go for lunch/breakfast etc. that are just basic loungers and a lot of them on the ship, but there is another thing holding day beds, outdoor sofas, hammocks etc. all day where there are very few on the ship! 

Ultimately the real issue is that there aren’t enough relaxation areas onboard for everyone and cruise lines should start to think about that a little more when designing ships.

I think there are enough areas/ places it’s just chair hogs spoil it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nicole&Pete said:

I would like to see more inside relaxation spaces for cold weather cruises.

Actually I think that is one of the strengths of the design of the ships. We have done cold weather cruises and places like the Sky Lounge (S class) and Constellation lounge (M class) really come to their own. I haven’t cruised E class so cannot comment. 

Whilst most sea days they are near empty on cold cruise sea days they are a great place to sit, relax, read, chat…To say nothing for gazing out at angry seas…

Unfortunately the ships can seem crowded when some guests want to sit in the cafe all day preventing those coming in for a coffee being able to sit for a short while…

2 hours ago, Nicole&Pete said:

I’m surprised this is happening on the retreat deck for suites only. I thought one of the massive benefits of this area is that it’s a secluded spot where you would have no problem finding somewhere to sit?

One finds the same chair hogs in the Retreat. Combined with the small Royal Suite balcony and no cushioned lounge deck chair, no accommodating Retreat staff that enforce published rules, makes the cruise disappointing.

• Like 1

Just now, chemmo said:

Actually I think that is one of the strengths of the design of the ships. We have done cold weather cruises and places like the Sky Lounge (S class) and Constellation lounge (M class) really come to their own. I haven’t cruised E class so cannot comment. 

Whilst most sea days they are near empty on cold cruise sea days they are a great place to sit, relax, read, chat…To say nothing for gazing out at angry seas…

Unfortunately the ships can seem crowded when some guests want to sit in the cafe all day preventing those coming in for a coffee being able to sit for a short while…

Yes I like Celebrity ships for those lounges, we are going on Princess soon and I will miss that!