Information from Princess re COVID

58 minutes ago, Elorac123 said:

I have chosen my check in time on the ap but I can’t see ever getting to the “green lane “ as I can’t seem to complete the wearable medallion section

has anyone else been able to do this

Cheers Carole 

You don’t  have to worry about the medallion section as we pick them up at the port and as long as everything is ok you should go into the green lane

Edited by rkmw

6 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

Other than the word 'receive' maybe I should have used 'return'.

Hang on.

what parts of post #11 are your words and what parts are direct quotes from Princess?

19 minutes ago, rkmw said:

You don’t  have to worry about the medallion section as we pick them up at the port and as long as everything is ok you should go into the green lane

Yes your right the ap is telling me now to proceed to the green lane

Cheers Carole

53 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

So did anyone else spot the anomaly in those protocols?

The one where you have to complete the health questionnaire no later than 24 hours before embarkation which includes attesting to your Covid test?

But if you choose to do a RAT it must be done within 24 hours of boarding. 

Oops!

I'll bring that up during the webinar if I can,

I thought I saw that, as I was rush reading both Princess and P&O Protocols today. Yeah that's wrong. That's needs clarification.

I hope they will provide more details about what is allowed at port stops well before our cruise starts. We have family who live near Cairns so would like to be able to catch up with them on one or both of the cruises we have booked but, of course, won't be able to do that if it's ship excursions only. It would be nice to have enough notice of what to expect so we can make arrangements ahead of time. 

52 minutes ago, Beagle5 said:

Hang on.

what parts of post #11 are your words and what parts are direct quotes from Princess?

I thought it was quite obvious that in post #11 these were my words -

'Additional information today (26th April). It appears that a self-administered RAT is acceptable. This is so much better than we thought it might be. I feel Princess is being very generous towards people who test positive. Here are some cut and paste details - '

As I said in that para, the sections that follow are cut and paste from Princess.

BTW, the word 'receive' that you objected to was a direct quote from the Princess information.

Edited by Aus Traveller

2 hours ago, Elorac123 said:

I have chosen my check in time on the ap but I can’t see ever getting to the “green lane “ as I can’t seem to complete the wearable medallion section

has anyone else been able to do this

Cheers Carole 

I wasn't able to complete the order of the medallion but completing everything else took me to the 'green lane'!

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

BTW, the word 'receive' that you objected to was a direct quote from the Princess information.

Which is not what you said in post #25, hence the confusion.

you said in post #25 that the word “receive” was yours:

OK. Other than the word 'receive' maybe I should have used 'return'. “

Not to worry, I am sure it will all become clear in time.

Edited by Beagle5

1 minute ago, Beagle5 said:

Which is not what you said in post #25, hence the confusion.

you said in post #25 that the word “receive” was yours:

OK. Other than the word 'receive' maybe I should have used 'return'. 

Not to worry, I am sure it will all become clear in time.

Please do not misquote me. I did not say it was my word. When you quoted me, objecting to the word 'receive' I assumed I was at fault. I didn't check back to see that it was a quote from Princess. Actually I would use the word 'return' so was somewhat surprised when you claimed I had said 'receive'.

As you said, it will probably become clear to you in time.

Just now, Elorac123 said:

No I’m a any time fan.I have to be organised at home,when on holiday I just go with the flow

Cheers Carole

I agree. We prefer Anytime Dining. I like not having the pressure of getting ready at a particular time so we don't keep the other people on the table waiting.

Traditional Dining in MDR for me, I have seen the line ups for ADT on Princess, not for moi thanks.  I like the same table mates and waiters each evening. 

1st or second sitting, does not bother moi.

1 minute ago, NSWP said:

Traditional Dining in MDR for me, I have seen the line ups for ADT on Princess, not for moi thanks.  I like the same table mates and waiters each evening. 

Les I’m the same as you, I like traditional too

the times start from 5pm but you can pick your times and if you want a private table or a shared table 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Maybe we have been lucky, but since anytime dining became available, we haven't had to wait for a share table to be available. We have often been at the same table with the same staff, but with some of the same fellow diners, and a few new ones.

8 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

Maybe we have been lucky, but since anytime dining became available, we haven't had to wait for a share table to be available. We have often been at the same table with the same staff, but with some of the same fellow diners, and a few new ones.

Have you been on the Princess Royal Class ships with 3500 pax, mostly American? I have, they line up at the MDR doors at 4.30pm for a 5pm opening as 'Americans like to early' heard that many times. The line goes half way around the ship, on the stairs and all.

1 hour ago, Aus Traveller said:

I suspect the wording comes from the US where self tests aren't allowed so receive is accurate there. Someone got lazy and didn't change it for Australia.

28 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Traditional dining no longer exists on Princess unfortunately. You can book to eat at the same time each night but from what I've read on the Princess forum getting the same table and waiters isn't happening.

6 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Have you been on the Princess Royal Class ships with 3500 pax, mostly American? I have, they line up at the MDR doors at 4.30pm for a 5pm opening as 'Americans like to early' heard that many times. The line goes half way around the ship, on the stairs and all.

We haven't been on a ship as large as 3,500 pax. The only Princess ship we have been on operating out of the US in fairly recent years if the Grand Princess. Emerald and Golden are large, but I don't think they are as large as you mention.

If people were going to dinner at 5pm, I would time my arrival for when the first seating has finished dinner.

1 minute ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Traditional dining no longer exists on Princess unfortunately. You can book to eat at the same time each night but from what I've read on the Princess forum getting the same table and waiters isn't happening.

How does it work? Do we book a time for dinner and it works like the reservations for Anytime? For people who haven't seen that, I know it is an oxymoron, but it happens.

17 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

How does it work? Do we book a time for dinner and it works like the reservations for Anytime? For people who haven't seen that, I know it is an oxymoron, but it happens.

You select location, time and table type for each evening.

8AC88D7D-9CB3-40A4-88BE-B8DB78AAD581.png

5BDCFC7B-371C-495E-B14C-DBBECCDD4A52.png

Thanks 'Cruising in Time'. I will have a look at the ship's layout to see which dining room will suit us best. Are the bookings for a particular table (like TD) or is it like Anytime but at a particular time? I know that sounds strange, but you might know what I mean.🙂

1 minute ago, Aus Traveller said:

Thanks 'Cruising in Time'. I will have a look at the ship's layout to see which dining room will suit us best. Are the bookings for a particular table (like TD) or is it like Anytime but at a particular time? I know that sounds strange, but you might know what I mean.🙂

There doesn’t seem to be a specific location option however when you set up your dining preferences within the app, you can say you wish to be seated in a particular location ie. near the window. You can also specify if you prefer fast or relaxed dining etc

We've had hits and misses with Traditional dining - some really great tables, others not so good, and a couple where we ended up being the only ones there. We've mostly had great waiters apart from one cruise.

We've had hits and misses with Anytime dining as well but like that it's more flexible:

- if we feel sociable we join a share table, although ending up on a cramped table of ten with a group of people who took ages to make up their minds and even longer to eat each course (because they were too busy talking to eat) wasn't a highlight.

- if we want a quiet dinner for two we might have to wait a little but got the table in the end, except on Ruby Princess where there were very few tables for two.

The great fares on the restart cruises have allowed us to have Club Class dining for our first twio cruises which will ease us gently back into cruise dining.

31 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

I believe so. You can also just line up like the old Anytime dining. I get the impression some of the concepts aren't working too well but you can connect with other people and book as a group fairly easily