Are we mad to consider this multi-cruise itinerary?

3 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

We enjoyed our day bus trip to Whistler also, including a ride on the chairlift (in snow must be Aussies!)

Great. I’ll put whistler on my list. I’m not sure there will be snow in may but you never know. 

2 minutes ago, Cbtours said:

Great. I’ll put whistler on my list. I’m not sure there will be snow in may but you never know. 

There will be because we did our inside passage cruise in May 2006, start of the cruise season, there was plenty of snow up at Whistler then.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

We enjoyed our day bus trip to Whistler also, including a ride on the chairlift (in snow must be Aussies!)

We have been to Whistler a couple of times on the way out to the Rockies too. A bit of a day in itself, but worth it if you have enough time to do the Peak to Peak.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, NSWP said:

There will be because we did our inside passage cruise in May 2006, start of the cruise season, there was plenty of snow up at Whistler then.

May, yes. 

June, a little bit left on the peaks

July & August, no

September, unlikely.

32 minutes ago, arxcards said:

We have been to Whistler a couple of times on the way out to the Rockies too. A bit of a day in itself, but worth it if you have enough time to do the Peak to Peak.

I better google peak to peak 🥰

• Like 1

We are back in Seattle and the dramas continue but I'll save some of that for my full report. Watch this space. 

Suffice it to say that we were impressed with the Eurodam and the staff and the great customer service was still evident this morning; they weren’t rushing us out of our stateroom and off the ship. 

Meanwhile my in-laws are already on the Carnival Splendor, cruising Alaska before the transpacific. I spoke to them on the phone this morning. MIL is quite unwell and FIL has a sore throat. They did a self RAT which showed positive but just a faint line. They contacted the medical centre who tested them and said they'd move them to an isolation cabin if positive and they needed to pack. The test results were NEGATIVE. 🤷‍♂️ So they unpacked again. The medical staff told them that they could choose if they wanted another test tomorrow. Also, if they test positive it will be up to Guest Services if they’re allowed to stay on for the transpacific or if they need to disembark when the ship gets back to Seattle. 

2 minutes ago, Sparky74 said:

We are back in Seattle and the dramas continue but I'll save some of that for my full report. Watch this space. 

Suffice it to say that we were impressed with the Eurodam and the staff and the great customer service was still evident this morning; they weren’t rushing us out of our stateroom and off the ship. 

Meanwhile my in-laws are already on the Carnival Splendor, cruising Alaska before the transpacific. I spoke to them on the phone this morning. MIL is quite unwell and FIL has a sore throat. They did a self RAT which showed positive but just a faint line. They contacted the medical centre who tested them and said they'd move them to an isolation cabin if positive and they needed to pack. The test results were NEGATIVE. 🤷‍♂️ So they unpacked again. The medical staff told them that they could choose if they wanted another test tomorrow. Also, if they test positive it will be up to Guest Services if they’re allowed to stay on for the transpacific or if they need to disembark when the ship gets back to Seattle. 

So sorry to hear the hassles your inlaws are facing, it's everyone's nightmare. I do hope the tests continue to show negative for them. Very best of wishes 🙏 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, arxcards said:

Hmmm not to sure when you don’t like heights!!! It sounds but scary for me but I’m def putting whistler on my schedule 🥰

7 minutes ago, Sparky74 said:

Sorry to hear about the in-laws and hoping for speedy recovery. 
so your dramas are not related to in-laws! It’s going to be an interesting report!

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Looking forward to your review.  Sorry to hear about the in-laws.

re Whistler. Son is currently in Vancouver and did the High Note Trail in Whistler two days ago.  Snow on the peaks.CC5C1EE9-655B-4E33-8241-DAEDE345FAFD.thumb.png.24c7b43889a06d45ca03c22efdb4516e.png

Stunning

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sparky74 said:

Not much fun, for sure. I hope they are OK.

I would hope your outlaws are allowed to continue the journey on Splendor, and it is also much more convenient for Carnival to allow them to finish isolation in their cabin on the next journey. More that anything else, I guess it would depend on their need for medical assistance. Do they have the same cabin for the next cruise?

Glad you were impressed with Eurodam. They are Dam nice ships. I hope you had plenty of wow moments in Alaska.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, arxcards said:

I couldn't leave Barb behind to do the shops on her own. 🤑

Our friends loved it, so I wished I had. Another excuse to go back to Alaska & the Rockies, I guess.

Now was that cos you weren’t sure how much she’d spend or just cos you didn’t want to be apart 🥰🥰🥰🥰

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Cbtours said:

Now was that cos you weren’t sure how much she’d spend or just cos you didn’t want to be apart 🥰🥰🥰🥰

Both. We do like to experience stuff together when we travel, but I also wanted to make sure we would have enough cash left to get home. 😉

She did have a "moment" on our previous trip at https://www.hellsgateairtram.com/ 

That one is also in reach of Vancouver, but not worth it for a day trip IMHO. We called in there for lunch as part of a group trip on the way back from a tour through the Rockies.

• Haha 1

I’m reading some horror stories on antisocial media from others going on the transpacific cruise about delayed and cancelled flights, people testing positive, and lost luggage. 
Our drama today was taking an Uber to a shop that no longer exists! But we did manage to get to church (it's now Sunday evening here). I think I'll make Philippians 2:14 my new favourite Bible verse. 

This afternoon we went to the waterfront and had an hour long cruise on the harbour with commentary. We also rode the Big (Ferris) Wheel and a carousel before dinner. 
A trip to Target and Walgreens in search of RATs before catching the bus back to our hotel rounded out the day.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Sparky74 said:

I’m reading some horror stories on antisocial media from others going on the transpacific cruise about delayed and cancelled flights, people testing positive, and lost luggage. 
Our drama today was taking an Uber to a shop that no longer exists! But we did manage to get to church (it's now Sunday evening here). I think I'll make Philippians 2:14 my new favourite Bible verse. 

This afternoon we went to the waterfront and had an hour long cruise on the harbour with commentary. We also rode the Big (Ferris) Wheel and a carousel before dinner. 
A trip to Target and Walgreens in search of RATs before catching the bus back to our hotel rounded out the day.

Well if I have learned anything about you Mark, you definitely put others before yourself 😇. Trusting all goes well for boarding your transatlantic and looking forward to more reports. And hoping your in-laws are fully recovered.

Edited by Cbtours
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Sparky74 said:

One of the other horror stories is the number of US based transpacific passengers that are still awaiting Australian ETA's or visas.

Gotta love Walgreens. Get some pills, RATs, and a bottle of booze in the same purchase. 😂

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, arxcards said:

One of the other horror stories is the number of US based transpacific passengers that are still awaiting Australian ETA's or visas.

Gotta love Walgreens. Get some pills, RATs, and a bottle of booze in the same purchase. 😂

I'm surprised by the number of people who leave it to the last minute to apply for an ETA or Visa. I organised mine months ago and I don’t think I’m a particularly organised person. 
Also with travel being so disrupted these days it's important to build some flexibility into your itinerary. I allowed 48 hours between our scheduled flight into Seattle and boarding the ship. I’m glad I did because we had delays and missed connections. I wonder if those who fly in the day of a cruise are the same people who wander back to the ship 10 minutes after the all aboard time. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 2