Bottomless Bubbles Package for Kids or Not Necessary?

melz1010

49 minutes ago, rachel.rowe0189 said:

Does anyone know if they still give you a Carnival cup when you purchase the bottomless bubbles package? They did years ago but it has been a while since my last cruise.

I don't recall that they ever "gave" you one.  Over the last 10 years there has been one available to purchase and there still is.

Edited by Schoifmom

Just a thought on the bottomless bubbles. My daughters don't drink much soda as is, maybe as we've never allowed it and with their sports they have never gotten into the habit, but when on a cruise we do allow more leeway, plus the occasional vitamin water or whatever carnival replaced that with. If you get the CHEERS package just remember soda and all the other junk is included in that and doesn't count against you. We just have our girls track us down during the day or If they can't find us just order the soda on their SS card.

Speaking only for my grandkids, a container of Kool-Aid or Gatorade powder in one of the carry-ons would be better for hydration than a drink package... Soda at dinner is fine.  All day?  That's just a waste of money, plus it's a diuretic and can lead to dehydration if they're trying to make it "worth it"......

Edited by Lane Hog

As a kid who grew up on sodas and then became an adult totally addicted to them, we are striving to keep our kiddo off them as much as possible. I finally gave them up my self 2 and half years ago! So we don't keep them in the house at all. At home our daughter drinks milk, apple juice, lemonade and water mostly. We allow the occasional Sprite or something when we go out to dinner, at a special occasion or go on vacation. But she does love a good "kiddie cocktail" (i.e. Shirley Temple). On our second cruise with her when she was 3, I have the cutest picture of her sitting on a bar stool at the Blue Iguana bar drinking a kiddie cocktail with a tropical umbrella in it! lol I still don't think it would be worth it to buy Bubbles for her. We would probably just elect to bring on some Sprite for the cabin instead. Way cheaper!