verifly app for p@o. required. but not listed under cruise lines..!!!

okay me and the little lady anchors away 7 june for the first of many P@ o  out of sydney..

i read that p@O want cruisers to use this app verifly.

so i downloaded it, its pretty slick

but it does,nt have p@O as a cruise line,only carnival ect

anyone want to share what you know about this..

save me ringing p@O

and im sure theres others who would like to know.thanks and happy cruising.challis

It isn't activated to P&O yet. Just set up your profile, and wait for P&O to give you the green light.

There isn't much that needs to be done just yet - it will only be used to prove your vaxx status, and then your health survey/RAT result just before cruising.

• Like 2

PS - good luck ringing P&O at present. Their website has had the wobbles since the email was circulated yesterday evening, and I am sure there are loads ringing to ask the same question, as well as having their under 12 unvaccinated kids added to the exemption list.

• Like 1

Found it, yep MID MAY......

Pre-Departure COVID-19 Testing
Guests are required to return a negative COVID-19 test prior to boarding.
Tests may be either: A self-administered Rapid-Antigen Test (RAT) completed within 24 hours of boarding. A PCR test completed within 72 hours prior to boarding.
Guests will be asked to confirm which type of test was undertaken as well as the result.
If you receive a positive result, you will need to contact our customer service team on 13 24 94. You will also need to report the positive test to local health authorities through existing processes.
P&O will use the Verifly app from mid May for vaccination status and providing a negative COVID-19 test result.
Those who have already booked a cruise should be receiving an email already or will be soon.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

P&O will be linking to the VeriFLY app on Thursday. 

Setting up a profile was so easy, that I thought this would be a breeze. I am not so confident after reading the reviews at the Play Store. Good luck!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Done as far as possible so far.

Linked to my P&O cruise via booking number and surname, all my details were there. Then uploaded International Vaxx certificate. Just need to do the RAT the day before boarding, attest the results, and do the health survey.

Easy!

2 minutes ago, CCC's said:

Do you have to upload the International vaxx certificate instead of the normal vax certificate?

No. Not for domestic cruises. You can upload or scan the QR code for your domestic one.

Not sure if there are issues with mix n match of domestic ID an international certificate or vice versa. Personally I used passports and international certificates, as it was just a matter of linking our passports to Medicare.

• Thanks 1

I downloaded the app and it was easy enough to step up, taking an acceptable selfie took much longer! Our cruise isn't until June so I can't upload the vax certs until next week at the earliest. 

I noticed RC wasn't on the list so not sure what they are going to do about vax cert requirements when the time comes.

13 minutes ago, Snoopkat said:

I downloaded the app and it was easy enough to step up, taking an acceptable selfie took much longer! Our cruise isn't until June so I can't upload the vax certs until next week at the earliest. 

I noticed RC wasn't on the list so not sure what they are going to do about vax cert requirements when the time comes.

Royal will likely be using the same system they use in the US, whatever that is. 

Enough fun for me just keeping up with P&O and Princess.

I wasn't aware there was a time frame for uploading the Vax certificate. I guess it makes sense that everything is as current as possible.

Easy enough to do, although it wouldn’t accept the barcode on my vaccination certificate? But there is an option to do it manually and then upload a photo of the certificate so I did that.

Only thing I wasn’t sure about was if we both need to do it individually on our own phones or just do it all on mine? I completed everything on my phone anyway as I had the info, but then spoke with my wife later this morning to say it was done and she has done all hers as well!!!! so they will receive everything from me, then all her stuff again……….maybe they need to make it clearer that only one person can do it all via the app for everyone on the same booking, if that is the case? It may well be their and just missed it.

Edited by Hammer61

38 minutes ago, Hammer61 said:

Easy enough to do, although it wouldn’t accept the barcode on my vaccination certificate? But there is an option to do it manually and then upload a photo of the certificate so I did that.

Only thing I wasn’t sure about was if we both need to do it individually on our own phones or just do it all on mine? I completed everything on my phone anyway as I had the info, but then spoke with my wife later this morning to say it was done and she has done all hers as well!!!! so they will receive everything from me, then all her stuff again……….maybe they need to make it clearer that only one person can do it all via the app for everyone on the same booking, if that is the case? It may well be their and just missed it.

I don't think it really matters if both have it, as long as they have it, and you get a completed application. Having it on both is a handy back-up to have. At the terminal they are just looking for ticks, and they still have a manual system for those that don't have it completed.

On 5/20/2022 at 1:31 PM, Hammer61 said:

I had trouble scanning my wife's QR code into my phone. She opened the link on her phone to display it, and it wouldn't scan in any direction.

By accident, I tapped her barcode and it displayed a bit larger by itself without all the other vaxx details. It then scanned first time.

We have a couple of P&O cruises booked, but I am not going to try to complete their questionnaires etc yet. It is enough to deal with the Princess Medallion app at the moment. When we get back from our Princess cruise in very early July, I will attempt to deal with the P&O one. Just as well I have plenty of spare time at the moment. 😁

3 hours ago, Aus Traveller said:

We have a couple of P&O cruises booked, but I am not going to try to complete their questionnaires etc yet. It is enough to deal with the Princess Medallion app at the moment. When we get back from our Princess cruise in very early July, I will attempt to deal with the P&O one. Just as well I have plenty of spare time at the moment. 😁

The Verifly app is easy . We have uploaded our vax certificate, just waiting till  Sunday  to finish our health declaration (crossing fingers we are negative )

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, stki said:

The Verifly app is easy . We have uploaded our vax certificate, just waiting till  Sunday  to finish our health declaration (crossing fingers we are negative )

Aren't we all. 

1 hour ago, stki said:

Just stay home in sterile condition before thy PCR/RAT's test.

27 minutes ago, kaseyoz said:

Geoff, can you help me understand hiw to get international proof one.

and then add it to my verifly.

have uploaded app but a bit stuck.

If you need the international Vaxx certificate, you go through the medicare app and link your passport. From there you download the certificate to your phone, where it is usually found under "my files" within my documents or my downloads. You can also have a link show on your home screen.

If you can locate that downloaded file on your phone, you can then upload it to VeriFLY. Also with your partners, they can display the QR code on their phone, which you can scan to the VeriFLY app to upload both on the same phone.

I am not sure if that helps, but we can chat through it on messenger if you need.

36 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Just stay home in sterile condition before thy PCR/RAT's test.

Avoiding all but the essential this week Les. Once I get the test out of the way on Monday, it will be party mode. I am not worried about catching it, just don't want to lose a cruise at the last minute.

• Like 1