B2B - Changing ships in Port Canaveral

NancyC

Mardi Gras docks at terminal 3 and Magic docks at terminal 6.  It sounds close but it's not and it's not walkable - there isn't a sidewalk that goes from one to the other and you have to cross water on the way.  You will need to take a taxi or Lyft/Uber.

PC Map.png

Edited by cruisemom2
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, NancyC said:

I would think a Lyft or Uber would want a longer fare.  Will it be a problem getting transport for a short distance?  

I did this once in Miami, from a Carnival ship to a Royal Caribbean.  I got a taxi, asked him how much it would be to a hotel in downtown Miami, then offered to pay him that same amount to take me from one ship to the other.  Worked out for both of us.  I got where I wanted to go, and he got a decent fare for very little distance and time.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NancyC said:

Has anybody done this before?  I would think a Lyft or Uber would want a longer fare.  Will it be a problem getting transport for a short distance?  

Yes, since you put in your final destination address on the app, there is a great chance that any lyft or uber driver would decline the ride.  But if they were local, they would probably take it and all you should do is give a bigger tip.  Worst case scenario is to use a taxi, but since they have to wait in a very long line after they drop you off, they would require an even bigger tip than using uber/lyft.

We will be going through this  in November (Prima/Freedom OTS) and again in January in Miami (Celebration/Encore).

3 hours ago, NancyC said:

Has anybody done this before?  I would think a Lyft or Uber would want a longer fare.  Will it be a problem getting transport for a short distance?  

The key is to negotiate an off-meter fare with a taxi.  Offer enough and they will drive you 50 feet. 

Honestly, I think a taxi might be your best bet.  We live just under 2 miles from terminal 3.  We have a favorite Uber/Lyft driver that we use to take us to and from the port but he had a conflict last month and couldn't pick us up. We found out when we took our phones off airplane mode once we were docked back in Port Canaveral and had a text from him.  So we debated walking away from the terminal and trying to get Uber/Lyft to pick us up either across the street at the Holiday Inn Vacation Club or at the bait shop across the parking lot.  Instead we walked over to the taxi stand and asked if we could get a taxi to take us the 2 miles home.  They said they would charge us the meter rate.  We were home minutes later - 4 of us with 4 bags and the driver said $10.  We gave him $20. 

• Thanks 1