Pick up Medallion at pier

HSBC

As Canadian, I have to pick up my Medallion at pier.

At the terminal, should I pick up my Medallion first, then go to the Green line arrival group?

Or go to the Green line arrival group first, then pick up my Medallion?

Thanks!

On our January cruise on the Regal Princess leaving from Ft. Lauderdale, the whole process was very smooth, easy, and fast. Upon entering the cruise terminal and after security, they directed us to the Green line. And then from there, there were 2 or 3 stations we passed through for identification and Covid and such. And then they directed us to the counter area were our Medallions were waiting for us. The whole process took maybe 15 minutes at the very most. The employees will assist you the entire way. It was very well organized, you will do fine. Enjoy your cruise!  

• Like 1

you just go where you are told....they will direct you.

In Port Everglades in March (Sky 3/12) there were only two lines....We were in the one for the "unwashed" and I think the other was for the "washed".  Both moved at the same speed and I think, because there was less "unwashed", we got thru faster.

The medallion fetching area was at the end of the check in process.

I never saw color codes anywhere.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, HSBC said:

As Canadian, I have to pick up my Medallion at pier.

At the terminal, should I pick up my Medallion first, then go to the Green line arrival group?

Or go to the Green line arrival group first, then pick up my Medallion?

Thanks!

You will be guided through check-in process.  It's part of the process.  BTW, you might consider getting it shipped to your pre-cruise hotel if departing from US.

• Like 1

We will collect our medallions at the pier in Civitavecchia but until we have been tested negative for Covid, and therefore allowed to board there’s no point in even thinking about the medallions.

• Like 2

I just booked a May 28 cruise on Princess (my first), but will be in Europe for two weeks before that. Is there a way to get Princess to NOT mail my medallion and pick it up at the pier?

6 minutes ago, InTheDrink said:

Did you just phone them? Or is there a way to do this on the webite and/or app? 

There is an option in your booking to pick it up in the terminal.  I did it on the website because I couldn’t get the app to work.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, InTheDrink said:

I just booked a May 28 cruise on Princess (my first), but will be in Europe for two weeks before that. Is there a way to get Princess to NOT mail my medallion and pick it up at the pier?

Speak to someone at Princess  so they can have them at CS when you board.

We received ours a couple of weeks before the cruise,  I had mine handy, but I completely forgot where I put DW and DD’s medallions (in my carry on, inside pocket), because I thought we’d only need one to get into the room.  WRONG!   The quickly issued new ones while we were checking in.

Once underway, the only medallion which didn’t work well was mine.  I was told at the service desk that they weee having issues with the ones shipped prior to the cruise - lots of low/bad batteries.