Covid Test Proof pre-board

What type of covid test proof are the cruise lines  requiring  when you take the 2 day  pre board test -    Email or paper sufficient?    one of the major drug stores  send you an email.  Some give a paper copy.

2 minutes ago, njkruzer said:

Agree, I bring paper. Easier to just hand to checkin person then to try and pull everything up on your phone.  Goes faster.

Indeed, I have seen pax depend on their phones, and have difficulties with them, holding up the line of pax behind them.   Battery dead, bad signal, can't find the link, etc...etc.  

Two sheets of paper, simple to hand over with passport.  I like simple.  😉 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Fabulous97 said:

RCI app and paper (belt and braces!)

From the U.K. now they want you to upload everything to the app and not speak to a check in person.

So you don't talk to anyone at check in, therefore you board directly from street to the ship.  No uploading  of  passport and your photo?

2 hours ago, nelblu said:

So you don't talk to anyone at check in, therefore you board directly from street to the ship.  No uploading  of  passport and your photo?

You go into the terminal they take your bags from you at the car park. You have to put all your passport details and upload a photo to the app, your phone gets blipped and then the room key is in your cabin. You take a photo of your passport with your phone and upload. Register a credit card and good to go.

incredibly quick last cruise from Southampton. We did have to go to the “naughty” queue as I am married to a Swede who has lived in the U.K. for 30 years but still has a Swedish passport. If you held a British passport no issue.

From the car park to boarding was literally 10 minutes!

Bit like fast bag drop at the airport.

Ok for those who are tech savvy but I know I've met several people onboard who are definitely not.  Yes sounds much easier but for our current cruise when I tried to download a picture I've used before it was accepted.  Picture at checkin.  Also test weren't done until just before flying or onboard for consecutive cruisers so not always possible to download. 

Always bring paper copies....so yo just can hand it to the check in person, w/o trying to go through multiple emails on phones, or apps, etc.....Just so much easier for yourself, them, and everyone behind you.

Plus, I'm tech savy, have everything on my phone.....but paper is just so much easier at times.

Edited by Joseph2017China
  • Like 1